40. it's a weird combination

Stuart's P.O.V

"EVERYONE UP AND AT EM! COME ON! WE WILL BE LEAVING IN 2 HOURS TO THE MUSEUM! EVERYONE WAKE UP OR WE'LL BE FORCED TO LEAVE YOU HERE!! BREAKFAST WILL BE SERVED IN 15 MINUTES!! EVERYONE UP! LAST CALL! UP!" Mr. Pento's voice booms on the loudspeaker.

I groan as I rub the sleep out of my eyes and get up, hitting my head on the lantern that's hanging on top of me. I rub my head as I yawn and zip my tent open. I rummage through my bag and take a pair of clothes out and head to the bathroom.

After a long and gruesome wait in the bathroom I finally change my clothes, brush my hair and my teeth and pack my things in my bags. I can't believe this camp trip is over. Time is literally flying.

I go to the cafeteria to have some breakfast and notice Stella and Jordan together by the food table. They're busy eating and deep in a conversation. Occasionally, I can see her grin and smack his arm. I don't see Milo and Gus anywhere, so they're probably still in the bathroom. I remember Gus trying to gel his hair before I left.

The door flies open and I see Eric and Luna together, holding hands as they both grab plates and wait in line. Surprising that Luna is waiting, maybe because she has her arm draped on Eric.

Eric looks pretty pleased with himself. His hair is nicely combed and he's wearing a flannel with a grey shirt with a pair of dark jeans. I look down at my clothes and glare across the room, staring at my flannel then back at his.

Flannels are more of my thing.

"Hey." Jennie comes and stands beside me, her hair in a messy ponytail as she smiles.

She notices me staring at Eric and Luna.

"Hi." I say, my eyes fixed on how our flannels are exactly the same colour. I hear Jennie softly chuckle next to me as she pushes me forward because the line is moving. I trip from my gaze and finally move my head to see Stella and Jordan.

I wonder what's happening between them.

Stella's hanging out with Jordan nowadays and she never did before. Okay, maybe she did but not for so long. Maybe she feels bad about Jordan's injury and wants to help him, by spending so much time with him. I wonder if they're really that close. I don't recall them hanging out before this trip. It occurs to me that when Miles and I got into a fight, I was pretty hurt too. The bruises did leave but I still have that scar on my cheek.

But that time Stella didn't really care. She did ask me what happened but she didn't get so close to me or help me in anything. Maybe because she knows that when I got hurt it was my fault and when Jordan got hurt, she thought it was her fault. She's making it up to Jordan by helping him.

Maybe she's hiding something.

There must be a reason why she's so close to Jordan.

I look over at Jennie, who smiles. She doesn't like Jordan anymore so I guess she's fine with Stella and Jordan together.

I wonder what happened between them.

"You're okay with Stella and Jordan?" I ask the question in my mind as she smiles, also following my gaze at them.

"Yeah. Totally. She's happy so I'm happy." Jennie says. Those two are probably the kind of best friends you'd see on TV. If she's happy I'm happy kind of stuff.

"But she's not happy." I comment as Jennie raises her eyebrow at me.

Jennie frowns, "What do you mean? Look at her. She's smiling and laughing. I haven't seen her like that in a long time."