Chapter 2

You woke up with a start as you came face to face with a strange android. He had white hair and deep blue eyes. You were confused by his presence. Why was he here? Why had he reactivated you? Who even was he? 

"Are you alright?" He asked. You nodded slowly. "You don't have to be scared of me. My name's Oreon." He said. He looked and sounded friendly enough. He was the only one that had helped you too. You took his hand and he pulled you up. "You can live with me. My place isn't far from here. You'll be safe there." You smiled at Oreon. 

"Thank you." You said. He smiled. 

"What's your name?" He asked.

"(Y/n)." You replied. "But...how did you find me?" 

"I heard the yelling last night and I saw a different android run away from here. I was around here looking for anything I could use. I waited until I was sure it was safe to come in. When I did, I found you. I noticed that you weren't too badly damaged, so I reactivated you." He explained. You smiled. "It's daylight right now, so you can't go around in that. We'll need to find something else." He said. You nodded. You went to the bedroom and you were lucky to find a black coat. It would be enough for now. 

"What about my LED?" You asked. He grabbed a knife and you flinched away. He realized that sharp objects probably weren't your favorite anymore.

"Just close your eyes, okay? I would never hurt you." He promised. You smiled and nodded. You closed your eyes and you felt him take out your LED. Your skin healed over and you smiled up at Oreon.

"Thank you." You said. He smiled back.

"You don't have to thank me. Now come on. I can fix you up back at my place." He said. You smiled and nodded. He took your hand and you both headed out. You looked around as humans passed by without a care. They paid no attention to either of you. You were still nervous around them. Oreon noticed this. "It's okay. They can't tell." He told you. You trusted him, but you still didn't like being around so many humans. 

Soon, you made it to his place. It was a two-story house. You were stunned. How can he afford to live here? How is he getting away with living here? You wondered. He guided you toward the front door and rang the doorbell three times. You were confused. Then, another android opened the door. He quickly ushered you both inside. 

"Oreon! You were gone all night! What the heck, man!? You gave us all heart attacks!" The strange android said.

"I know! I know! I'm sorry for not coming back, but I got a little....sidetracked." He said, looking at you. The other android scanned over you.

"Oh." He said. "*Sigh* Alright, alright. I'll give you that one. It's a good thing you helped her." He said. This android was about 4 inches shorter than Oreon. Oreon was pretty tall at around 6 feet and 3 inches. You were around 5'7". (I have to give heights for my books or stuff will get wonky. So if you're taller or shorter than your 5'7" now. Btw, there will be characters designs at the bottom.) The android in front of you had black hair and green eyes. 

"Sorry about that. My name's Jacob. You're welcome here." He said. 

"I don't want to be rude, but what is here?" You asked.

"It's a safe house for androids looking for a place to stay. We all have been here for different periods of time, but it's been about a year since we first got this place. Each of us have jobs so we can keep this place. It's risky, but it's worth it. We're living better than most out there." He said. You nodded.

"Come on. You should meet the gang!" Oreon said. You smiled as they both led you to the living room. You saw more androids there, girls and boys alike. The first girl who stood out the most was a girl with a guitar. She had a very outgoing feel.