Chapter 38

You had been looking around for your wolves, but you'd run into someone...very different. You stared at him, shocked. He was a little dirty, but he was back. He was alright. You smiled, overjoyed.

"SIMON!!" You called out. You ran up to him and latched onto him with a hug. He laughed a little.

"Good to see you too, (Y/n)." He said.

"Oh my god! You're alright! I mean, you might need to wash up, but oh my god! We thought you were..." He frowned a little.

"Nearly." He answered. You smiled and hugged him.

"I'm so, so, so sorry we had to go! I never wanted to leave you behind!" You said. He smiled forgivingly at you.

"Hey, it's okay. I know." He said. You sighed, relieved.

"I'm so glad your back!" You said. He chuckled.

"Trust me, me too." He replied. You both hugged for awhile longer until you finally broke apart.

"Have you talked to Markus yet?" You asked.

"Yeah, he knows I'm back. We just hugged though." He said. You chuckled.

"Well, it is Markus we're talking about." You said. He nodded.

"I saw a lot of animals around. I heard about how Bandit and Flame have kinda become the leaders of the animals." He said. You chuckled.

"Yeah. Jaden is still the select favorite among them though, other than the owners most have picked." You explained. Simon nodded. "Hey, maybe you would like to see some of them."

"Maybe some other time. I want to get cleaned up and settled back in first." He said. You nodded.

"Okay. I'll see you later, Simon!" You said.

"Bye, (Y/n)!" He said and left. You went back to your friends. They were all hanging out together. They welcomed you into the conversation.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Claira greeted.

"Hey guys." You said.

"We heard you've gotten a higher status with Markus and his gang. How's it feel to be one of the leaders?" Jacob teased.

"I'm not a leader. I'm just a helping hand is all." You insisted. 

"Sure. And yet you get to hang out with the leader of Jericho and his other 'helping hands'." He said. You rolled your eyes.

"Isn't there anything better for us to talk about?" You asked.

"Aw. You're no fun." Dell chuckled. You rolled your eyes again. 

"Whatever."

*Later*

You stood next to Markus. You were determined to see this through. You heard North next to you.

"This is suicide! We'll all be killed! Please, Markus. It's not too late to change your mind!" North said.

"You don't understand. We're finally gonna show them who we really are! This place will go down in history!" Josh said.

"We'll be killed on the spot!" North argued.

"That's a risk I'm prepared to take if it mean freedom for our people." Josh said.

"I have to agree. Nothing great comes easy." You said.

"Markus, please, don't do this." North said.

"They'll understand." He said, making North disappointed. "We'll make them understand. This is the only way." You nodded firmly in agreement.

"Come on, let's get to work." You said. He nodded in agreement.