1

Serina Black was eighteen when she first enters the castle to be introduced to the king. It's a tradition that the noble refuse to give up in this century. After that, she's a legal citizen and can choose anyone to marry. Like she cares about that. She would prefer to be in her uncle's library and read for the rest of her life. But her uncle wouldn't listen which is not a shock, he doesn't listen to anyone's opinion but his own.

Her uncle Jack, Earl of Elade, one of the richest noblemen in the kingdom force her to attend this gathering by threatening to throw all of her books away. As he said that this is a good opportunity to meet a powerful and wealthy husband. She rolled her eyes mentally.

"Do I really need to be here, Uncle?" she whispered, bowing her head, trying not to be notice.

She's painfully shy around other people since she lives in the country most of her life and her uncle hates to entertain. He said it's a waste of good money and wine.

They're in a line outside of a very big double door that is open and leads to the throne room where the king awaits. Uncle Jack looks down at her with a frown.

"Of course! You're of age to find a husband and a rich husband you shall find even if I have to buy one for you. Stop crouching and walk straight!" he whispered authoritatively.

She sighed and straightened her back but keep her eyes down. Uncle Jack can be really old fashion. As much as she loves him, she sometimes wish he will leave her alone. It's not like she's on her dotage and will die tomorrow if she can't find a husband today.

Kingdom of Latrommi is a small but very rich country that is located in the middle of Atlantic Ocean. It's rich in minerals, steel, and oil. Many people from around the world visits the country not just because of the tourist spot but because aside from Middle East the country is being ruled by a king and they also want to catch a glimpse of the royal family.

She crouches down nervously thinking about the royal family. In a few moments, she will be presented to the king. The king hates publicity. She tried but to no avail find any picture of him on the internet. There's only three person that she can find since one is from a famous boyband, the other is a racer and one is a famous model.

The royal family consists of fourteen male cousins including the king. She guess the royal family can only produce boys which is a pity cause girls can really make a whole different. The princes' all got orphan at the same time when the royal plane that carries their parents crashed on their way home to some private party that was held five years ago in Las Vegas. The cousins decided to stay and to catch up tomorrow, not knowing that it will be the last time they will see their parents again.

It was really a sad event. She reflects sadly. The country was all in the mourn cause the royal family was much loved. The current king, which was twenty-five at the time had no choice but to take over the crown and rule which he is doing splendidly. The country is much richer than it was before, not that the previous king was not a good ruler, he was, but it's much better now as uncle Jack keep saying.

Uncle Jack also said that many doubted the king when he takes over cause of his age but he got his cousins support and everything goes from there. The cousins are close and trust each other explicitly.

"It's your turn now"

That startled her out of her thought. She straightened up and holding onto her uncle's arm more tightly, they walk to enter the throne room.

***

As she walk into the palace throne room she can't help but feel mesmerize. The throne, which the king is now sitting on, is a high back chair made of a deep dark oak finish with a red velvet cushion. The throne sit at the top of a platform which just adds to the prestige of power. A high window makes a wall at the back of the throne. The rest of the room looks to be the same as the rest of the keep. High windows, many tapestries hang from the walls as well as a fireplace to warm the room on those cold and dismal winter nights.

There are very few people inside the throne room and all are looking at them. Beautiful ladies and handsome men, some are old, some are young. Base on what she heard from her uncle, only those people who are closed to the royal family are allowed to stay in the throne room. The rest of the invited guest must wait in the ballroom for the king to show up.

"Your Majesty" Uncle Jack stops at the foot of the stairs and bow deeply while she curtsy, keeping her eyes down as instructed when meeting any of the royal family.

"Lord Jack, I haven't seen you in a long time" the king greeted when they straighten.

"Forgive me, your majesty, I've been busy raising my niece to be a fine lady" Lord Jack answered with a wide smile.

"Niece, huh?"

That comment made her look up and blinked.

The 28th king of Latrommi, Kale Olliric, now thirty, is a very handsome man with slate gray eyes that is looking at her knowingly. Black hair which reach his shoulder and fair skin. Even sitting down, he exclude power and authority like he will kill anyone who dare gainsay him. He raised a brow at her. She immediately lower her eyes down to his throat. He wears a variation of the clothe, featuring a high collar with light gold edges and small light gold tassels attached to the corners.

"Yes. She just turn eighteen two weeks ago" Uncle Jack voluntarily give information without being asked.

"What's your name?" the king asked.

"Serina, your majesty" she answered respectfully without looking up. She doesn't know why but he scares her.

"You want to marry her off" the king stated after an uncomfortable silence that even she know Uncle Jack felt.

"I wish to find a good husband for her, yes" uncle Jack answered wisely.

"Seth is looking for a wife. Go talk to him. He's probably in the ballroom's balcony right now" Kale said without preamble with a wave of his hand indicating they're dismissed.