42

The Princes visibly flinch as the King stop near them and studied the scene critically. Except for Luca who is blind and deaf to anything but his rage and keep on fighting off his cousins.

"Should I take care of him?" Yueh asked Kale calmly, watching Luca closely.

"Now, now. Let's stay calm. I'm sure my brother will see reason and calm down---Ooofff" Etienne holds his stomach when Luca's elbow connected with it.

"Are you sure? It looks like he'd gone berserk" Theron called out, cool as a cucumber.

"Yeah. Like you did before" Kurt commented and laughs when Theron glower at him.

Serina watch as the King slowly nodded his head to Yueh and gasped as the latter pulled out a gun. In a blinding panic she screams, "Luca! Lucy is bleeding!"

Luca froze then sharply turn her way. Shaking in fear from the murderous gleam in his eyes, she quickly indicated Lucy's unconscious body.

Luca sharply shake off his cousins' hold and quickly walk towards them. Blaze got out of the way as he crouches down and studied Lucy's face. He gently caresses her cheek then carefully carries her in his arms and without a word strode out of there.

Silence reign as they all watch Luca disappear inside the castle.

"Wouldn't have thought that would work" Kurt reflected, eyeing Serina.

"Well, that just shows he made a terrible mistake getting himself engage" Leander stated.

"He's not going to shoot him down, Serina. It's a tranquilizer they use with each other when they get like that" Blaze murmured reassuringly.

"Oh" she mouthed in fascination then nodded. She didn't know going berserk is also one of their traits, she contemplated.

"It's the family's dark secret we don't want outsiders to know" Yueh voice out flatly, glancing at Seth and Kylian alternately.

"Some of us go berserk like Luca. While the others go deadly quiet" Kayden explained good-naturedly.

"In my opinion, it's the latter that is more dangerous" Vane vocalizes, giving Seth a speaking glance.

Serina frown and finally turn to look at Seth's face. His eyes so cold a shiver went up her spine. He doesn't show any emotion but there's an aura coming out of him that is very treacherous.

"Seth, why don't you take Serina inside so the doctor can check her up?" King Kale softly murmured that earn him an incredulous look from his cousins.

Seth blink then nodded stiffly. He carefully carries her in his arms and went in the same direction Luca has taken.

"Ah, isn't that fascinating?" Chase murmured, raising his brow at Kale.

"What are we going to do with this trash now?" She heard Etienne asked.

"Why, leave him to my tender care of course" She still heard Kylian finally spoke up affectionately for the first time before they are out of hearing range.

***

Serina watch Seth's face as he keep walking. She tentatively wraps her arms around his neck and when it didn't get any reaction, she sighs and place her head against his shoulder.

"Where are we going?" she whispered hesitantly.

"Doctor" he answered coldly.

"Are you angry with me?" she murmured.

"No" he utter with the same cold voice.

She took a deep breath and stayed quiet until he stop and open a double door. She stares fascinated at the big spacious rooms with beds.

"Your highness, this way" A man in a nurse uniform called out, indicating the open door at the far right side.

"You have your own hospital inside the castle?" she asked in fascination.

"This is only a clinic"

Startled, Serina eyes widen when Blaze spoke up. Is she with them all this time? She didn't notice.

Blaze just smile at her and continue explaining. "They call it a clinic but in case of emergency it has all the equipment and facilities to do any type of operation so I agreed with you, this is like they have their own hospital"

Serina nodded and smile at Blaze in thanks which the other woman return.

As soon as they enter the room, Serina saw Lucy lying down on one of the bed, awake. While Luca hovers menacingly, making the nurse shake in fear.

"Lucy, are you alright?" Serina worriedly asked as Seth carefully put her on the bed beside Lucy's.

"I'm fine" Lucy answered with a smile then wince when it stretches out her lip wound. "Are you ok?" Lucy frowns at Serina.

"It's nothing" Serina smile and shake her head.

They all keep quiet as the doctor examine her. Seth growl angrily whenever she winced in pain, making the Doctor sweat and the examination feel like hell. She sigh in relief when it's over.

"She'll be fine but she will feel tenderness for a few days whenever she moves especially on her side. I will give her some pain reliever to ease some of the discomfort' the old Doctor explain falteringly as Seth scrutinize him.

"That's it?" Seth asked dubiously.

"Yes, Your Highness, so if you would excuse me?" the Doctor rush then squirm where he stand when Seth scowl at him.

As soon as Seth nod his head the Doctor turn and almost run out the door.

"We should sack him" Luca uttered in displeasure. "He told me the same damn thing"

"We're ok!" Serina and Lucy said indignantly but both men did not even look their way.

"I agree" Seth muttered then scowl. "Where the fuck is Kylian anyway?"

"Probably in his torture chamber?" Blaze voice out in amusement.

"The hell he is! I'll kill the good for nothing myself!" Seth bellow.

"He has no right!" Luca hissed out. "It's not his woman who got beaten up"

Then as one,stride angrily to the door. Leaving Blaze laughing, while Serina and Lucy stare after them in shock.

***
Lucy and Serina look up when the door to their private room opens. Seth just take his leave of them to attend to some business. They're still in the 'clinic' and being surveyed 24hours by nurses and doctors.

They both protested they're fine but no one listens and was told to stay abed until their bruises fades.

All the Princes actually visited alone or in a group. Even the King once shows himself up with his younger brother, Chase, to see how they fair. It cause a buzz as the King never exert himself to visit anyone who is not a family. That put both Serina and Lucy into the VVIP position in the eyes of the staff.

It's been a week since Nash attacked them and when they asked what happen to him, people refuse to answer.

Seth stayed with them almost the whole day everyday while Luca stayed away which Lucy shrug off but Serina saw the pain in her eyes.

"Hi" Blaze greeted out in an uncertain smile as she enter.

"Blaze!" Serina and Lucy welcome her with a big smile then frown at the look on her face.

"Are you ok? What happen?" Serina asked as Blaze reach them.

"I really don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I thought you have the right to know" Blaze said wretchedly, looking at Serina.

Heart beating fast, Serina choked out in a whisper "Tell me"

Blaze sigh and in a desolated voice said, "Prince Seth and Lady Krystal's engagement was announced a few moments ago"