33

Seth is looking at her so coldly she wants to burst into tears. Biting her lower lip she thought to herself. She has to do this now. She loves him but she can't stay anymore. Kylian is right, if she stays she's going to destroy a possibly good marriage. She's nothing, a prince can't marry a murderer's daughter. Marry? Of course, Seth will never marry her. She's an Earl's niece right now and he only proposes for her to be his mistress, what more if he found out who she really is. Her plan changes anyway after one week of being with him. She's doing the right thing.

Mind made up, she took a deep breath and said in a steady voice. "I've decided to go back. I don't want to be a real mistress after you marry"

"Did you not just heard what I said?" Seth said so calmly, it started to worry her.

"You can't force her to--"

"Shut up" Seth cut Kylian so indifferently, the latter look at him in amazement.

"I'm starting not to like this" Vane commented in a serious tone.

"Come here, Serina" Seth continued in the same tone, ignoring anyone but her.

She fist her hand at her side and meet his cold stare. "Seth, I have to go" she whispered in defeat, eyes watering and begging.

"Why?" he hissed.

"Because it hurt" she breath painfully, openly crying now. "No!" she shouted so sharply he stopped in his track towards her. "I'm not really the Earl's niece! I'm the Earl's driver and cook's daughter!" she blurted out.

Seth froze and his eyes became unemotional. She stares at him, waiting, for what? She did not know. When he stay silent for a long time, she took a deep breath. She's felt cold and empty inside but she don't want their parting to be like this.

"I'm so sorry and I hope..." She smile sweetly at him through tears in her eyes. "I hope that you give your fiancee a chance and be happy together" she turn towards Kylian and he help her get on his horse.

She close her eyes as Kylian guide the horse to a run. She's still hoping that Seth call out and said he doesn't care if her parents are beggars. And then what? Is she really willing to be his kept woman?

Why didn't he say anything when she told him about her parents? Why did he stay frozen? Did he finally see that they can not be together? Feeling sad and hurt with that thought, she let tears continue their path from her eyes. So, this is it. This is how it will end.

Lost in her thought she let Kylian help her down the horse, guide her to the house and told her to get her things.

She stares at him blankly then, "I don't own anything here. Seth send back all the things that he did not buy to the Earl's house"

"Then pack those things. We're leaving as soon as you're done" Kylian commanded, looking at his watch.

"I'm fine as I am. I don't want to bring anything" she whispered in a dead voice, shaking her head.

Kylian releases a breath then without saying a word grabbed her elbow and carefully nudge her out of the house again. They were going down the stairs when Etienne arrives.

"We're going. NOW!" Kylian said to Etienne while he almost drags her to the car waiting on the driveway.

"I haven't said goodbye to Kyna and the others" she murmured blankly. She felt bereft and shallow. She stops herself from thinking about anything. Maybe later she will think things through but for now, she just wanted to go with the flow.

"Seth will go berserk if we leave with her" Etienne murmured as he follows them.

"He has no say in this. I did not break the rule. She willingly broke up with him and wanted to leave. I'm being kind and taking her right now" Kylian said with a shrug.