We're Not Going Anywhere

I woke up to the sound of someone banging on the apartment door. I got up to see who it was. It was my dad. The last person I wanted to see.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Where is he?"

"Sleeping."

"What did he do to you?"

"Nothing. What the hell are you doing? Why can't you let me be happy?"

"I want Lauren. She isn't safe here." He said

"Hell no. Who do you think you are? She's my daughter. You're not taking her."

"Mackenzie I'm taking her."

"What the fuck? If you take her I'm calling the police. She's not yours."

"Mackenzie come on you can come too we can get away from him. You don't need him."

"Fuck you. Go home you asshole." I said as I slammed the door in his face. I locked it and I heard continuing to knock. I opened the door again.

"If you don't leave I'm going to call the police." I said as I shut the door I heard him walking away.

I went back to Ansel's room. Lauren was crying because of all the banging. I held her and tried to make her go back to sleep but she wouldn't stop crying.

"Who was at the door?" Ansel asked.

"My dad."

"What did he want?"

"He wanted to take Lauren and me away from you."

"What did you do?"

"I cursed at him and told him if he comes back here I'm calling the cops."

"Why does he hate me ,Kenz?"

"You got his 17 year old daughter pregnant."

I heard him starting to cry.

"Ansel?"

"What?"

"You okay?"

"No Mackenzie I'm not, he's gonna take you guys one day. You and Lauren are the only people in the whole world that I care about. If I loose you, I will have nothing."

"Ansel, we're not going anywhere without you. EVER. You will be with us the rest of your life. We love you so much."

"I love you so much." He said.

2 weeks later

"Kenz, my mom is watching Lauren tonight and we're going out for dinner." Ansel said.

"Okay." I said smiling.

Ansel and I haven't gone out on a date since my birthday. Almost a year ago. When he gave me a promise ring. I knew exactly what I was gonna wear. My fancy black crop top with my pencil skirt and black heels. I straightened my wavy hair and did a smokey eye. I'm ready for our date night.