Court

Listen to the song The Weight by Shawn Mendes while you read this chapter it inspired the end of this chapter.😊

I woke up to a loud banging on the door. It was the police.

"Are you Ansel Elgort?" The large man asked.

"Yes I am can I help you."

"You are being charged for the murder of Mackenzie Lipton."

"What? Are you kidding, it was an obvious suicide." I yelled as he handcuffed me.

"We found your finger prints on the knife used to killed Mackenzie."

"So, I could have used the knife to cut something but I would never kill her. I loved her."

"Well son sometimes when you love someone so much and they hurt you, you make a huge mistake."

"But I didn't do it."

"You have the right to remain silent."

I showed up in a tux to court.

"Mr.Elgort, you have 2 charges being held against you. One for the murder of Mackenzie Lipton and the other for possesion of marajuana." the Judge said.

"Yes, your honor."

"The night that Mackenzie Lipton was killed where were you?" Mackenzie's Lawyer said to me.

"At my apartment."

"Then why were you seen outside of your house with Mackenzie?"

"She came to my apartment trying to hookup with me and I rejected her. She left after that and went to Nash Grier's house."

"How do you know that?"

"Snapchat."

"So you were in contact with her."

"No, they found her body at Nash's house. I would never step foot in that kids house because I'm respectful."

"Nash, why was she at your house?"

"We were dating at the moment." Nash said.

"Wasn't Ansel engaged to her?"

"Yes but she wanted me."

"Bullshit." I said.

"Excuse me?" Nash said.

"She didn't want you, you guilted her into having sex with you. Mackenzie was a caring person, she did everything to make sure everyone was happy." I said.

"Mr. Grier, you were having sexual relations with Mackenzie the week of her death." The judge said.

"Yes your honor."

"All charges against Ansel Elgort are being dropped. Nash was clearly with Mackenzie the night of her death we just recieved pictures from the security camera company."

"Thank you your honor." I said.

"Please take Mr.Grier to prison." The judge said.

I know she didn't love me anymore but I truly believe he killed her. He would never love her the way I did. She told me she was happier with him but she wanted me to stay.