Date Night

I walked down the stairs to see Ansel in a suit and tie. He was staring at me.

"Kenz, you look beautiful like always." He smiled.

"Thanks you don't look too bad yourself." I said winking at him.

We walked out to his car and we had to drop Lauren off at Ansel's mother's house. I was a little nervous once we got there she loved me when I was little but now that I had her grandchild she may not be too happy with me.

We pulled into her driveway and we both got out of the car Ansel carried Lauren as we walked to the door. We knocked.

"Oh my god Mackenzie, you look gorgous! I've missed you guys so much!" She said pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you Mrs.Elgort, you're so beautiful and we've missed you too." I said

"Mom this is Lauren your grand daughter." Ansel said. As he handed Lauren to his mother.

"She's adorable. Mackenzie you can call me Grethe." She said.

"Alright mom thank you we'll pick her up later but we need to go we have reservations." Ansel said.

"Thank you so much, Grethe" I said.

We arrived at a fancy restaraunt. He quickly got out of the car to open the door for me. We walked in and there was table with the name Elgort written on it. It was a table for two. Everything was perfect. The dinner was delicious.

After dinner we went to the beach to walk around the boardwalk at night. He held my hand as we walked. It was like the last time we went to the beach. We started to walk down to the ocean. Until he stopped for a minute.

"Wait." He said.

"What?"

"Come here." He said holding out his hand.

"Okay." I said smiling. He got down on one knee and pulled out a box from his pocket. He opened the box.

"Mackenzie Anne Lipton, will you marry me?" He said. I started to tear up. This was exactly how I wanted someone to propose to me. I had told him that a million times when we were younger. He actually remembered.

"Yes." I said as he slid the ring on my finger. I hugged him. I was on my tippy toes putting my arms around his neck. I was crying. I love my fiancè so much.