lost

*mentions the thought of suicide*

Jin walked back into the kitchen holding Namjoons hand rubbing his thumb on the back of his hand. Tae was holding an ice pack to Jeongguks hand and they were staring intensely into eachothers eyes.

"You should go to the hospital." Jin said as soon as they were next to the younger couple.

"Its not that bad. I can take it." Jeongguk felt he deserved it. In his head the pain he was feeling was earned. The constant ache had been a reminder that he hadnt died when Tae left him. When they got back together it reminded him how much worse he could feel and now it was penance for hurting people around him. He loved Taehyung and because of that Tae and his parents werent ok and he had pressured Jimin and now he was at odds with his parents too. Was his love really this damning?

"Jeongguk. I see that face. You dont deserve this." Namjoon placed his free hand on his brothers shoulder.

"Dont i?" Jeongguk answered bitterly jerky away from his touch.

"What are you talking about? What could you have done that could possibly mean you deserve to suffer every day?" Tae asked sounding aggrivated.

"Me?.. I did this. To you.. To Jimin. Im the reason youre fighting with youre families. Caring about me, it only brings people pain." Jeongguk pulled his hand from under the ice pack. "Im going for a walk."

"Kookie!" Tae yelled at Jeongguks back as he grabbed his coat and slammed the door behind him.

"Jeonggukie left?" Jimin asked wondering into the kitchen.

"Im going after him." Tae said rushing to his room.

"What happened?"

"You know a lot about Kook?" Namjoon asked.

"I mean I know a little." Jimin sat at the counter.

"Do you know about high school?"

"No. He always just said he did dance and taekwon do and played sports. That was basically all i could get out of him." Jimin said picking apart Namjoons orange.

"Its a whole long story. Im going with Tae. Baby, Are you ok here?"

"Yeah. I will have food ready when you get back. Just make sure hes ok." Jin kissed Namjoon quickly and pressed his palm to Joons cheek. "Be careful."

"Always. Taehyung come on, im coming with you."

Tae stumbled into the kitchen. "Ok Jinnie.."

"Go Tae. Its fine i will wait here." Jin shooed them out the door.

"What if we cant find him Nam?"Taehyung worried.

"We will find him. Worse comes to worse. I will fake kidnap you and send ransom pictures." Namjoon looked absolutely serious.

"That's not creepy at all." Tae stared at Namjoons face.

"I failed my brother when he was in high school Taehyung. I was too preoccupied with myself in college to notice he was dying, that he was trying to die. I cant let this happen to him again." Tae could hear how guilty he felt.