Back Home

The spend the first day resting. Lazily dragging through the day trying not to sleep at the wrong times and they nearly nod off pretty regularly.

Tae gets in the comfy chair which he decides quickly is a horrible mistake but makes no move to correct said mistake as his snuggles in and starts to read through half closed eyes. 

Guk tries to process some prints but the cool dark air in his dark room makes him excessively sleepy. He decides to abandon the idea before he even gets started and leaves the dark room after a meer 5 minutes.

"Tae?" He walks into the hall hoping that his fiancée is at least fairing better than he is as he stumbles heavy lidded down the hall. "Sweetness?"

When he doesn't hear a response his first thought isn't "oh that little shit fell asleep." Its full blown panic. He had horrible dreams after the jet ski incident and the last two days in Hawaii he was a paranoid mess, his dreams convincing him that something would happen to Tae and hed not be there to protect him.

"TAEHYUNG!" He yells and checks the front door that is still bolted and the alarm still set. Taes keys, wallet and shoes are still there.

He runs to check the study and sighs when he sees Tae clinging to a book and very much asleep. 

He falls to his knees infront of him and just stares for a moment. Taes lips slightly parted as soft breathes pass through them. His hair falling haphazardly into his face with a blanket pulled up around his chest as he leans heavily into the side of the chair.

Guk stands and takes the book discarding it on the small table next to the chair that holds a lamp for when Tae prefers a dimmer light at night.

"Come on kitten." He huffs scooping Tae out of the chair.

"Sleepy." Tae breathes into Jeongguks neck pulling himself tighter.

"Me too baby. Im offically declaring nap time."

Tae hums happily and kisses Jeongguks neck.

"I appreciate this declaration. I was already asleep thought."

"I know traitor." Guk laughs sliding Tae carefully into bed.

"You should sleep too. You havent been sleeping lately." His eyes are still closed but his brows furrow making Guk smile at his sleepy figure as hes tucked in.

"Bad dreams. I will live. I am going to snuggle the hell out of you right now." 

Holding Tae is one of Jeongguks favorite things. If he could make  a job of laying in their bed and resting his face against the back of Taes neck he would. 

He listens intently to the deep breaths that break through pouted lips and wonders how he could possibly have become as lucky as he is right this moment. He has a few days before he has to go to a photography job. Tae starts his tutoring for next semester shortly after his military exercise next month. The only remotely stressful thing they have to endure is the trail in a couple weeks and the meeting with the lawyer that will mock the trail with them to prepare Tae for testifying. 

Just like that every thought of sleep evaporates into thin air and Jeongguk is trying his best not to squeeze Taes body too tight.

When Tae finally wakes and rolls to face Jeongguk and sighs and his finger tips brush the dark circles under Guks eyes.

"So you held me so I could sleep soundly but didn't even try to rest?"

"I rested. Just didn't feel tired." Guk gives a small smile to try to ease some of the worry scrunching up Taes face.