[27] Greater Lengths

"I just realized that its now after ten." Said Leah as she walked back in the room with more junk food in her arms.

I jumped off the bed immediately, knocking off the laptop we were watching a movie on. I received a loud groan from Kate. "Oh my God Am, are you kidding me, he was about to kiss her!"

"I'm sorry but I have to text Justin. He said I should call him after we're done to come pick me up and its been hours so he must've been blowing up my phone." I said as I looked for my bag.

"We would've heard it ring."

"Its on silent...ten missed calls from Justin." I said once I got my phone.

"Ten? Is he really that...possessive, maybe? I don't know if that's the right word." Leah said and I gave her a straight blunt face.

"He's just worried." I said as I quickly texted him, telling him that I'll have a sleepover rather than him driving in the night.

I climbed back on the bed as I awaited his reply, which came in like seconds. Wow. That was fast.

Justin - Why didn't you answer my calls? I was worried about you, but I'm glad that you're okay. Good to know that you fixed things between you and your friends. I'll let you have quality time and await you tomorrow morning then. Take care love.

"He's so much better in texts than Henry." Kate said and I gave her a shocked looked.

"As in like, Henry Waters?" I asked.

"And you're only telling us now?" Leah added.

"Technically, I haven't said anything yet." Kate replied before groaning.

"Okay okay yeah we have been talking for like...a week..or less." She spoke, obviously failing to keep the blush off her face. Leah and I gave her weird looks.

"What? He's hot so don't look at me like that."

"How did you even get his numbers? Or did he get yours? Before anything, you do know that he's a player right?" I said, and Kate nodded.

"I'm aware he's a player but honey I'm the fucking coach. He's the one that texted me first." She answered before stuffing mush mellows in her mouth.

"I'm happy for you friend but try playing hard to get." Leah said and I nodded.

"Of course." She said as she seated the laptop back to its original spot. "Let me rewind this shit cause we weren't even looking, thanks Amara."

I rolled my eyes.

***

"Click"

"Click"

Am I dreaming or were those camera sounds? I forced open my eyes and they were met by...

"BLAKE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Leah's loud yelling probably woke the whole block up. I sat up the bed with a yawn as I stretched my arms.

"Kate, your foot was on my stomach. I think I might have stomach cramps soon, I don't know why you kick in your sleep."

"Sorry" Kate murmured as she stretched.

"You took pictures of us in our sleep Blake. That's creepy, please don't be that person." Leah exclaimed as she grabbed Blake's cellphone. Blake was Leah's eleven years old brother.