[36] Avoidance

I was wrong by trusting Leah about this.

The clothes she has chosen for me to consider look absolutely...like I'd practically be naked in those.

"I'm not buying this even with a gun to my fucking head." I frowned, inspecting the little black dress I was currently wearing. Leah's eyes beamed by looking at me in it.

It was short and it hugged every inch of my curves, making me look at myself in awe that I had a good looking body but I was still not buying clothes like this.

"You said so to the last twenty clothes you've tried." Leah frowned and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm changing this, obviously this whole 'revamping my wardrobe' thing wasn't a good idea." I strolled back to the fitting room and got back into my clothes.

I was surprised to see Leah holding a whole new bunch of clothes, waiting for me to try on.

"No."

"Please?" Her grin deepened and I laughed at her expression.

"You look constipated."

She gasped but ended up laughing as well. "You're crazy. So, will you try these on as well? I promise they are better than the last."

I took a look at the clothes in her arms and back at her face. I nodded and she smiled widely...I hesitantly went back to the fitting room.

I was tired of this already.

Thirty minutes passed and I was absolutely loving the clothes I tried on this time around because :

1. They were better than clothes I own now.

2. They're way more comfortable to be in than the last set of clothing.

I was loving them so an hour later, we walked out of the store with bags in our hands.

"Justin is gonna die!" She exclaimed and I laughed.

"Not literally I hope." I said and she looked at me, her eyes glistening.

"You are so liking him!"

"I think you've said that enough for one day." Something was tingling in my stomach as I blushed.

"So tell me about Levi, what went down last night?" I asked and now it was her turn to blush.

"He's charming but...I know what he wants already. I'm looking for a committed boyfriend and not a one night stand, that's not what I want right now."

I scrunched my nose at the thought of Levi wanting only sex from Leah. The thought made me upset but I really don't think of Levi as that type.

I mean like he's the one that blushed furiously when Nick told me that he had a crush on Leah. He can't possibly want to play her.

"Look Leah, I'm not saying trust him completely but at least give him a chance to prove himself. Maybe you'll end up liking him."

Liking him like he likes you, I wanted to add but thought I should leave Levi to tell her that himself.

She sighed before nodding, "Okay maybe I will. Plus I need a date to my own birthday party."

"Oh my god so you're choosing him as your date?" I asked in awe and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah like you're gonna ask Justin to be your date to my party."

I guess the invitation Levi wanted was just confirmed.

"Do you want me to give you his number?" I asked and she smiled. "I already have his number."

***

Leah dropped me off at home about two hours later and I was entering the apartment with shopping bags full in my hands.

Justin's car was not in the driveway which I was relieved about because he won't see that I went shopping and bought this much clothes. But another part of me felt disappointed that he wasn't here.

These days, the sun was setting later than normal, signalling that winter is coming to an end soon. I was excited for the upcoming summer break that we were going to have in less than three months.

I went up to my room and unpacked everything, making space in my closet for the new clothes.

I noticed that these days I was spending more of my money than usual and I needed to slow down.

Before my parents died, they ensured that some amount of money was transferred into my bank account every month and when I turned 18, I will get money specifically for school purposes to spend on whatever college or university I wanted to go to.

I remember my father always had dreams of me going to a university and study for whatever course that I had a desire in.

He always encouraged school and told me to make it in life like he has.

I got up from the bed and breathed in before my tears rolled down my cheeks at the memory of my parents.

I proceeded in packing my clothes into the closet and went downstairs, feeling hungry.

Sure I had something to eat with Leah at the mall but that was hours ago and I was feeling hungry again.

I opened the fridge and cupboards but realized that Justin was in fact right when he stated that there was no food.

Okay this sucks.

I was about to go watch some tv when I heard the front door unlock and Justin walked in, looking like he had been to the gym.

He instantly spotted me and threw his gym bag to the floor carelessly before he strolled to the fridge and took out a water bottle.

"Hi cakes." He simply smiled before he drowned his water, his eyes still on me.

"Hi Justin."

"How has your day been?" He asked after finishing the bottle of water like it was nothing.

"Very good and interesting actually. Yours?" I returned the question and he shrugged.

"How would I describe a day at gym?"

"Uhh..very...physical."

He cocked a brow, "Physical?"

I nodded, letting out a short laugh.

"I suppose that's correct in a way but it sounds...okay I'm not about to say anything cheesy right now."

I laughed more and a soft smile reached his face. He looked to be in thought with a warm smile attached to his face.

"I love it when you laugh." He breathed out which immediately stopped my laughter.

Justin instantly averted his gaze from me, his body tensing. In that moment, I wondered how long this was going to go on. Us avoiding the topic of the times that we've kissed.

It was killing me and irritating me at the same time that we both lived around each other but totally ignoring anything that ever happened between us.

I guess Leah was right, we both wanted to talk about it so much but none of us had the courage to start.

******