[82] Different versions of emptiness

Everyone has different ways of how to protect a person. In fact, there are many different ways of how you can protect a person.

Justin loves me, but I feel like he mistakes that. He hides stuff and does things that result in us arguing, each argument getting bigger than the last to the point where we speak out of anger and not what we really, truly feel.

He is the best person I've ever met because he loves me and makes me happy.

He is the worst person I've ever met because he has the ability to say or do anything and it easily impacts me.

My breath is shaky as I continue writing on the piece of paper.

Justin has been gone for over three hours, it's past midnight now and I'm so worried about him.

I put the pen down and squash the piece of paper before throwing it away.

He doesn't take my calls, of course he doesn't. He's still upset with me. I just want a chance to talk to him, to tell him that I'm sorry for saying those things I said to him. I want him to apologize as well for uttering those hurtful words to me.

I hate the way I'm hurt.

My tear drops for the fist time since he left three hours ago.

I wish he would just come back home already so that we can fix this, I want him back to me. I need him to come back to me. Justin has to come back to me.

I feel so empty without him, especially knowing the things that we said to each other in the heat of the moment. In anger.

I need him to return so that we can talk about it.

I go through my contacts for someone to talk to because it's too much for me to deal with alone. I need Justin back.

As I'm going through my contacts, I hear a creak downstairs. I put my phone on the bed and go downstairs immidiately.

Justin is back, it must be him downstairs. I rush out of the room and go down the stairs.

"Justin" I call his name out once I'm on the last step of the staircase. I don't see anyone in the kitchen.

"Justin, where are you?" I ask, looking for him in the living room but don't see him anywhere.

"Justin?" My voice starts breaking and getting lower. I hear another creak and footsteps behind me and I turn around immidiately.

A person is standing in front of me, making me let out a huge gasp due to the unexpectance of seeing anyone that is not Justin.

When I blink, the person in front of me doesn't go anywhere. I was thinking that maybe I was hallucinating, but it seems very real. She is very real...and my eyes go wide when she starts walking towards me.

"Good to see you again, Amara." My heartbeat feels like it's a mile a minute.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to let you, my dear, know that a mother does anything for their child." I take steps back, her words taking longer to register in my head. The look she has on her face shows me that being here with her alone will not result well.

"A mother goes to the end of the road for their child, no matter the odds...but don't worry, your mother would understand this." She continues and my stomach twists.