Your Friends are Right

Dec woke up sometime during the early morning to find himself warm and cosy. At first he was confused to where he was but the mild scents of vanilla and citrus bring in a vague recollection of what all happened. He lifts his head to watch the taller boy and marvel at the gentle, innocent expression etched on the usually grim face. Dec knows he isn't attracted to Ant in a physical way. There is no doubt that Ant is handsome and even hot but also is he beyond rude, posh and maybe a bit big-headed. Ant hasn't shown him that side yet but Dec knows that it's inside him. He had seen it from that restaurant. He had seen it every time Ant is with his friends. Ant has even confessed that he cannot suppress it. He thinks how Stephen and Simon also reminded him of the same thing. They are different. Dec slaps himself in his mind as he remembers how he asked Ant to be his friend. Ant didn't reply. Of course he wont . Why would he be my friend. It's a miracle that he stays with me and cares for me. It's just because he is a nice boy. I know it has nothing to do with me. I shouldn't expect more.

Suddenly he feels his head going dizzy and nausea envelopes him

"Oh shit!" he swears and unwinds himself from Ant and bolts to the toilet.

Ant wakes up with a start to see Dec running and as his sleepiness retreats, he hears the noise of Dec retching and panting.

Ant palms his face in frustration No!! Not this!!

After a while Dec emerges from the bathroom and concern pools in Ant's chest. Dec has gone incredibly pale and is shivering. He gets off  the bed and walks to Dec who was finding it hard to stand straight

Ant: "Dec, are you alright? "

Dec: "I... dunno...ugg"

He again runs to the bathroom and throws up the booze while Ant stands on the spot not knowing what to do. As he realises that Dec is not stopping ... he grabs his phone and calls Mary

Dec emerges hearing Ant talking to Mary and steps out to the room. Suddenly he feels the room swaying and moving around him.  Strong arms envelope him and drag him to the bed

Dec: "I cannot see.. straight..."

He was now panting hard and Ant felt fright creeping in. Dec's skin has turned ice cold and his shivering has increased. Ant puts the blanket around Dec and sits near him, rubbing their palms together

Ant: "Declan...are you feeling cold...speak to me will ya? What are you feeling?"

Dec: "Dizzy Anth... dizzy..." he leans to his side and puts his head on Ant's shoulder, who stays still with Dec's palm enveloped in his own Shit Dec! what should I do!!

He hears a knock on the door and a moment later Mary opens the door and enters, knowing so well that Ant never locks the door. She pales as she sees Dec's condition and sighs in frustration.

"What happened to him! Drunk again?!"

Ant: "I don't think its that silly Mary, it's not usual hangover or anything. He was throwing up so much and his skin is so cold. His breath rate is hiking and see his lips...it's gone white... It's something else Mary-"

Ant realises the concern in his own voice and stops abruptly Shit it's something else

Mary nods at him "Let him lie on the bed, Ant"

Ant realises that he was still holding Dec and swiftly but gently lays him to the bed. Mary sits on the bed and starts to slowly rub Dec's arms and legs "Too much alcohol in him I think. Shouldn't warm him up in haste. Will drop his pressure. Don't worry Ant, Dr Maxon is on her way"