(S)He is Special to Him

Ant rushed to the nearby washroom but Dec wasn't there. His heart beats as if it's about to jump off his chest and he felt his eyes prickling

He tried Dec's phone but the call didn't connect due to the phone jammer inside the building. He remembers about an abandoned washroom at the end of the building and it only made sense that Dec must have gone there. He didn't know what or whom to expect there but he couldn't control the fear and rage that filled inside him. Fear for Dec, Rage against himself for letting him go like that, for letting Piers do that.

He hurries to the other end and opens the washroom with a bang. He hears someone gasping at the noise he has made and walks in to see Dec there, leaning onto the basin, a bloodied tissue on his hand.

Dec was dabbing the blood from his lips when he heard the sound. He turns and looks around in fear but relaxes as he notices Ant there, looking at him with relief etched on his face. But he frowns as Ant walks to him swiftly, his chest heaving and hands shaking and without a word, he is pulled to his chest, strong arms are around him and Ant's cologne fills his head.
"Dec..." He hears him whisper.

Dec was taken aback by this side of Ant but nevertheless, he hugged back. Ant's hugs are so warm and caring that he must be stupid to waste it.

Dec: "Are you alright?"

Ant leans back and looks at Dec in the eyes "Are you alright? Damn it Dec, why did you leave without telling me?"

Dec: "Oh, I... I didn't think of that. Were you...were you worried for me?"

Ant: "Of course I was. I turned to see you missing from there and Piers...Piers was also not there. I thought he had followed you Dec... Oh Dec, what if he had?"

Ant hugs him again and Dec feels guilty

Dec: "I am so sorry, I didn't think that"
Ant is right, Piers could have had me...but why didn't he

Ant nods and after giving a small reassuring squeeze, he breaks the hug

Ant: "Piers didn't follow you?"

Dec: "No... Maybe he just wanted us to worry"

Dec realised how true it is only after he uttered it He wanted us to worry

He looks at Ant and sees the realisation hitting him too Piers must have played them.

Ant feels rage at his own stupidity.  Just as he saw them both missing, he had run away from there without another thought. Piers has used my fear, my concern, my weakness.

Ant looks at Dec in shock
My weakness...damn!

Dec sees the change in Ant's stance and asks worriedly "Are you okay? You seem worried"

Ant: "He played us?"

Dec: "Not sure. I won't be surprised if he did"

Neither would he. Ant stares at Dec as he tries to wipe the blood from his wounded lips.

Ant: "When did that happen?"

Dec: "When he slapped me... "

Ant's fists roll up and he hisses in rage

Dec sighs "Don't. It's no one's fault. We all were helpless"

Ant: "He can manipulate us now. They all can"

Ant sighs in frustration How did he become so weak?! Why did he become so weak!!

Dec: "Something is bothering you"