YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND

Dec entered the room with a sigh and mused on the day's events. He took his phone out to see a call from his family and a lot of texts on WhatsApp.He first called his family back and talked for some time. He had told his mam that he was going for a dinner at his roommate's house. But when his mam asked how the dinner went, he just told her it was okay, not going into details. He had promised himself that he won't tell what happened there to another soul.

As he ended the call, he receives a text and it was from Anne- Marie:

*How did the dinner go? Ali told me*

Dec was a bit taken aback to know that Ali shared it with Anne- Marie. Dec stood with his decision and didn't let anything out

Anne M

How did the dinner go? Ali told me

                                   Good. They were lovely

Did Christine say something about me?

                                Just that you are a lovely  
                      girl

Christine didn't say anything that day but she did say that to Dec the first time they met.

Anne-Marie replied with a smiling icon and Dec decides to leave it to that. He was worn out by everything that happened that day and he didn't feel like he is up for a conversation.

He wasn't surprised when he got a text from Ali:

*Hey Dec, how are you*

Dec just sighed at that and replied :

*What's with all these questions?*

He knew it was out of character for him to talk like that but he didn't care. And the next text from Ali assured him that:

*Why are you acting so weird?*

Dec sighed not knowing what to answer. He didn't know what was happening to him. He never thought what happened today was something that would put him off. But something in Sarha's story and Ant's hold had put him off. And suddenly he had felt more mature. And something he never felt ever in his life: he felt protective. He felt protective of the taller boy who had clung to him asking him for comfort. Something in Dec changed the moment he saw hurt in Ant's eyes. Something he only felt when someone stole something he loved or broke something he cared for. Until then no one's pain bothered him as he was the youngest and nothing really touched him. But today seeing Ant's face falling and realising the life he lived, Dec felt a need to hold Ant close. And as he thought of it, that hug was more for himself than for Ant. He was comforting himself by helping Ant. Because Dec has started caring for his grumpy roommate. Caring so much so that he felt defensive and protective and felt as if he is ready to fight the world for that boy. Crazy as it sounds, AntMcpartlin has somehow made him realise the feelings his elder brothers have gone through. Something he never went through because he is the youngest of his family. Something close to being defensive, being caring and being supportive. He had questioned this feeling when Ant fell breathless on his arms the other day. And one question was plaguing his mind and confusing him since then: Would he hurt anyone for Ant? And somehow the feelings he has now, answered that question loud and clear for him to realise: He will. He will fight against the world for Ant. He will do anything to protect Ant.It's not even a year and he felt like AntMcpartlin is already an important part of his life.

The "ting" of a new text took him from his thoughts and he sighs realising Ali was waiting for his reply.

Ali