Only Because of You

*I don't have much knowledge on medical/treatment stuff...what all I write is purely fictional*

--------------------------------------------------

Ant feels his heartbreaking as tears trickled down from Dec's eyes

Ant: "Dec? What happened?"

Dec clutches the phone tight in his shaking palm and turns to Ant

Dec: "Anth...I have to leave soon...."

Ant: "Where? Why? What happened?"

Ant sees Dec shaking and he slowly pulls him close and to the bed.

Ant: "Hey, take a deep breath, now tell me what happened?"

Dec lets out a fearful whimper and chokes out in a low voice "My mam...she is in the hospital..oh Anth...I have to go...they don't know what ha-happened-"

Suddenly he sobs out and Ant pulls him instantly to his chest "Oh Dec, I am so sorry... What are you going to do? How are you leaving?"

Dec: "I- I don't know...I really don't know...oh God..."

Ant just holds him not knowing how to help. This is all new to him but something in the way Dec was holding him told him to take control of the situation.

Ant: "Are you changing? Your clothes?"

Dec: "N-no..." He whimpers

Ant: "Come on, pack your stuff. Just those which are important. Your phone has enough battery, right? And you know the address?"

Dec tries to think through his fear and answers to Ant's questions in ahhs and hmms.

Dec: "Anth..I don't know the train timings. And where to get down and how to go-"

Ant: "Don't be stupid Declan. We are not taking the train"

Dec: "What? Train? What?!! We?!!"

Ant: "Declan, don't worry about the ride,  just pack your clothes"

Dec nods and moves to the wardrobe while Ant makes a call

Ant: "Harry? Send Peter to the hostel.
4 hours from here. Thank you"

Dec: "Anth..you don't have to-"

Ant: "Peter will be here in 20 minutes. Did you pack everything?"

Dec just looks at him not knowing what to say or do

Ant: "Dec, relax. You can't panic now. It will be alright. Who called you?"

Dec: "M-my brother"

Ant: "Call him back and ask him to send the address. She is in the hospital you said? It will be alright okay?"

Dec: "I- I don't know"

Ant kind of has an idea about Dec's family and knowing Dec and how he is the youngest and the pampered, he devised his next question well

Ant: "Do you really think your brothers will let their little one travel alone of it was something serious? Maybe she wanted to see you and that's why they asked you there, okay?"

Dec: "Yeah, probably...Anth..what if-"

Ant slowly places his hands on Dec's shoulders "Everything will be fine. She will be safe. We will reach there sooner and don't panic okay? Trust me?"