For a Good Friend......

Really sorry that it took longer to update.
I don't know why nature curses me every time I write a whump. I am once again down with a heavy cold and mild fever. The banging headache is really annoying but I wanted to update this story today. Sorry if this is rubbish though. It's actually frightening how conscious I am as I really don't want to mess this story up 😂😂

---------------------------------------

Ant didn't know what to do anymore. He was horrified when he saw everyone rushing into the unit where Dec is in and all he could do was to watch it happening- helpless. He just sat frozen on the bench, his limbs turning cold .

David was comforting a thoroughly upset Stephen but their voices were just a minute noise in the background for him. His heartbeat drowned every other noise in his ears.

Ant covers his face and sighs into his hand. He didn't want to show his fear but David and Stephen understood it. They know Ant since school days and they know how much he hides his emotions.

Stephen: "Why is the doctor not coming out? What if-"

David: "Stevey! Trust me. He will be fine. Nothing will happen to him alright?"

Ant rubs his face in nervousness. David turns to him "You can go to the hostel if you want to. I will inform-"

Ant: "No. No..."

David: "He will be fine, you see. Never makes anything easy for us, that guy"

A whimper escapes Stephen and David holds him close

Stephen: "We always mess up, don't we? If only we followed him"

Ant hesitates a bit and then speaks "He wouldn't have let you. He is so stubborn"

David nods at that and three of them falls silent, wrapped in their own thoughts.

Minutes pass and Ant starts pacing to and fro. He didn't know why he is so restless. But his heart hammers in his chest like it wants to leap out and sprint into the room where Dec is.

A while later Dr McCain exits the room and Ant is the first one to run to him

Ant: "What happened? How is he?"

Dr McCain: "Gave us a little fright, the young one," he says affectionately "He is alright. And the results came back. It is Rophypnol; Date Rape Drug"

David: "Shit! And we didn't notice it"

Dr McCain: "It cannot be identified.Looks like the kid was targetted. Anyways, now he is fine. But he has to stay here a couple of days as the blood should be detoxified"

They nod at him Ant sighs in relief. That's when he realises how much he was worried. How much he wanted to see Dec well and safe

Ant: "Can we see him?"

Dr McCain: "Yes. He will wake up at any moment now. But he might feel a bit disoriented. But don't worry. He will be fine within a few days. There is a wound on his temple when he fell down. It's not deep but you must bring in him here if he feels a headache or nausea "

Ant nods at him "Thank you, sir"

Mr McCain smiles at him and walks away

Ant: "Go in...he must be awake"

Stephen: "He might want to see you"

Ant: "I will follow"

Dec didn't know what happened as the last thing he remembers is falling down to the darkness. He was not surprised to know that those boys had fooled him. But he cannot come into terms with how evil they are. He sighs as he remembers Ant's scent around him but he couldn't remember when that happened or how.