I won't leave you

(I am so so sorry for this looong wait...Uni is jam-packed rn and I didn't get time to sit and muse on this...sorry.. And sorry if it's rubbish and too long.....)

*********************************

That evening Dec didn't meet Ant in the parking lot. He just texted him saying, he will be late and that David will drop him. David drives them to a park and they sit on the grass and look around for some time.

David: "So, I will make it that Stephen told you"

Dec nods "He is really upset"

David: "I know. I didn't think clearly. It was...you know... that moment...he hates me now, doesn't he?"

Dec: "No. He is just upset and afraid, to lose you"

David: "Lose me as his friend?"

Dec: "You have to realise what he is going through. He is confused, Dave"

David: "He kissed me back, Dec. Isn't it obvious?"

Dec: "No, not for him. He is confused at the moment. He is afraid to admit to himself that he is attracted to a boy. We have all been through it. He needs your support. And at the moment, he needs his friend more than anything"

David sighs "I don't know whether I can be the same with him. What if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore? I don't want to lose him, Dec"

Dec: "Neither does he. You have to give him time, David "

David: "I will talk to him. Dec, I know it may sound so cheesy, but do you think I deserve him?"

Dec: "Woah! Where did that come from? Yes you do"

David smiles "I just love him so much"

Dec looks at the dreamy eyes of David

Dec: "Never thought you as a soppy lad"

David laughs at that "You just saw me as a smutty lad who has no sense of shame?"

Dec: "Yeah, something like that"

David: "Well, I am..."

Suddenly Dec's phone rings and he takes it out to see Ant's name flashing. He ignores it and puts it back inside his pocket

David: "What happened?"

Dec: "Nothing"

David: "You and AntMcpartlin. This is his third call you are ignoring. Usually, you are more than excited to read his texts let alone his repeated calls. Something is there"

Dec sighs "Just... I don't know. I feel like he is putting too much effort to be friends with me when he doesn't want to "

David: "That's not true. You realise this is new for him, don't you?"

Dec: "I do... but... "

David: "I saw how worried he was for you when you were in the hospital. He really cares for you Dec"

Dec: "I...I know that..but.."

David: "Did something happen? Did he say something to you?"

Dec: "Not really... but... today he was so disturbed and I tried to get it out of him. Then I saw him and... Anne-Marie at the cafe... I think he told her what's disturbing him. I mean, I know I may sound possessive and needy but, it hurt me. I don't know why but it did. I didn't like that he hid something from me but then trusted Anne with it "