Chapter 1: What's with the chickenpox?

High school is an integral part of all our lives. It's a recurrent disease like the chicken pox and tonsillitis. It's always going to come back to you, one way or the other. The memories hit you down so hard you literally fall off memory lane. There's this danger that while you're busy enjoying a trip down memory lane, not only the happy memories you were hoping for but also the bad ones might come to pay you a little visit. Now the bad memories are the ones you're supposed to steer clear from. Because they're the ones which knock you off from your feet with such force causing you to fall down, until you're back on reality lane. Same as the danger as going near your brother or sister or any family member who's down with a chickenpox.

High school is a different equation for all of us. I think you would all agree with me. We spent two years of our life in high school trying to solve an algebraic equation and find the solution to X. Calculus, we can all agree made us wreck our heads until we could find X and Y. Differential calculus for finding the instantaneous rates of change and slopes of curves. Integral calculus concerning accumulation of quantities and the areas under and between curves. But it would have been a lot more nice, wouldn't it? If our teachers taught us how to differentiate and integrate between our problems after high school. To teach us about the difficulties that would lie ahead of us after passing out from high school. That this time it would not be about finding solutions to X, but making real life decisions and finding solutions to it.

But no. Calculus is important in science, engineering, and economics. But not all become doctors, scientists, engineers, etc. We weren't taught how to face practical truths and standards of our society at school. Everything we did was text book related. It was either do or die. You fail in mathematics then you fail in life. That's what our subject teachers said when any one of us happened to fail in the respective subjects they were teaching. Not everyone is great. Out of all the students of a school, not all of them will become doctors or engineers or teachers. There will be some who simply stay at home, not go to college and question. Question if what they had learned in school earlier is of any use to them right now.

It's okay because everybody cannot be great. But yet everybody, every single one of us is not ordinary. We're extraordinary in our own ways. I know it's hard to accept people for who they are. When they're so unique and different compared to you. But what you don't know is that you too also appear unique and different to them. So right now, I think it's time we change. It's time to accept people for their own unique and extraordinary trait. Because nobody is ordinary.

Not even you.