Chapter 3: The aftermath

6570 miles away

My phone vibrated and gave out a loud ding. I quickly pressed the start button on the joystick and then grabbed my phone off from the table nearby. I was at one of my friends house and we were busy playing games on the play station.

"Hey!"

"Man!"

"Why you'd do that for?" asked my friend. He seemed to get pissed off whenever someone interrupted him during his leisure time. He is an awesome DJ and had made many music and remixes for well known rappers and singers. He was busy most of the time making different music in front of his computer but hed keep on inviting me and our other friends over to his house whenever he had some free time. He'd invited me today to play games at his house. I'd just finished shooting and had gone straight to his house.

I quickly and correctly put in my phone password and opened to see my notifications.

I'd just received a notification from Instagram.

A girl who looked about my age with a weird name had just followed me. I'd receive many such notifications from Instagram notifying me that some hundred people had just recently followed my business profile. But this time, I'd just got one. One notification notifying me about one particular follower. Her name was strange and unique. I was staring at her profile picture when my friend suddenly jumped from behind me and snatched my phone from my hand.

"Woah, cool man," said my friend.

"How do you get these beautiful girls to follow you on Instagram?"

"You have over 40k followers on Instagram!"

"Oh damn man. Damn!"

He knew why I had this many followers. I was an actor. This was my profession.

"Look at this girl," he said while showing me the picture of the girl I was just staring at before.

"I've never seen anyone like her. She looks different from all the girls I've seen. She's damn beautiful, I must say. In a different way. Look at her features. That cheekbone."

I said, "Well, if you like her this much, follow her but she's made her IG account private."

"Yes! I'll do that, for you," he said.

I was puzzled.

"Wait, what?"

"Yo man, you were looking at her with that look on your face," he said while fiddling with his phone.

I just followed her and she even accepted right away, he said laughing.

"Yeah man. Damn good," he said while handing me his phone.

I wanted to see more pictures of her besides her dm picture.

I slowly reached out for his phone while looking at him and trying to act natural so he wouldn't judge me on wanting to see her so much.

I finally took the phone from his hand and scrolled down to see other pictures of her.

Yes. My friend was right. She was beautiful and her eyes were something else entirely. That's what I had been looking at in her dm. Her eyes were saying something in the photo but I just couldn't figure out what it was.

"Hey man, if you're done looking at the photos of Miss Pretty Eyes, could we go back to our game?" asked my friend.

I didn't know for how long he was staring at me stare at the phone.

"I was just looking. You know," I said shrugging my shoulders up a little bit and quickly returning his phone.

I wanted to see more pictures of her but I couldn't after my friend disturbed me.

"Nothing else," I said while shaking my head a little because he was staring at me suspiciously.

"Sure," he said.

"Just looking?"

He suddenly burst out into a fitful of laughter.

"Come on now, my friend, you can't hide the fact from me," he said while sitting upright.

"We've been friends for too long, I'd catch it if you lied to me."

"So tell me the truth," he said.

"You find her that pretty huh?"

"I'd take her out on a date," I replied laughing a bit. It was nice knowing that I had friends who were really special.

And I'd recently just got another one to add to my list.

"But don't tell my girlfriend that. Okay?"

"She'd kill me if she heard of this or if I followed her on Instagram."

My friend while smirking at me with a knowing look said, "That's why you made me follow her."

"Right," he said while nodding his head up and down.

"You sneaky bastard."

"Don't worry. I won't tell your girl anything."

I pressed the start button and resumed our game but I couldn't concentrate. My mind still seemed to picture her eyes and face. I tried getting her out of my mind.

"Goal !!!!!!!!"

I just beat you for the first time ever!

"Yeah, yeah. But not next time though," I replied,

And I would later come to see more pictures of her secretly.