Chapter 4: Dovetailing?

September 12, 2018

At around 4:30pm

What can I say? My love life exactly hasn't been all romantic and lovely. But from today onwards, I sure can say it will be a historical and legendary laughing stock in the written records of the, LOVE GONE WRONG, or maybe something like, WORST FAILED ROMANCES. So in order not to be a laughing stock yet, I will begin by telling you about one of the many crushes I have had till now. But this would be special.

He was a little shorter than me. I don't want to exaggerate but am quite tall so yeah, I know what you're thinking. A tall G-I-R-L and a short B-O-Y sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Readers: That's hilarious! See the irony in that. (*ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahaha hahuh!*)

Author: Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want.

I admit, the height difference between him and me did seem and supposedly appear a little funny and intriguing to me.

But.

In rebuttal, the idea of me and my crush to be together is in itself a laughing stock because its stereotypical.

Yeah poshhhh. An ideal couple is the one where the girl has to be a little shorter than the guy.

Well don't blame me if he's a little shorter than me because he was definitely cute. And short(*Readers: hmmmmmm hmmmmhaha*)

His voice was amazing. The type that makes girls(*me included*) swoon all over; hoarse with a little bit of crisp to it.

In short, I liked him a lot. Used to anyways for a year.

How I met my crush

It was the fall of winter which meant break from school. But not for me and some other competitive students who were taking extra tuitions even on winter breaks. We'd just passed grade 11 and were going to grade 12 where we'd have to appear the boards. One of those students was me and I'd taken all the courses the institution had to offer. Mathematics, biology, physics, and chemistry you name it all. I was a science student and so was he. I met him in between most classes but I'd missed him out on physics. He had started a little earlier than me and I belonged to the second batch of students. Yet he came even after his courses had finished and a lot of the students belonging to the first batch still came with us, the second batch. The institution allowed it so we had a huge number of students taking part in the tuitions. Truth be told I had seen him only for the first time since I'd attended the institution and not in school before.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Why had I not seen him in school before when we actually went to the same school!

I honestly don't know!

I came to know of it a few months later when we were back to school. He was my classroom neighbor. You must be thinking why I'd never met him in the 11th standard. It was probably because I never went out of the classroom doors and stayed most of the time inside.

So it definitely came as a shock to me when I went to my friend's classroom to wait for her to go for lunch. And right out the door comes out HIM!

Our winter tuitions which aimed at preparing us, the 12th graders for the boards even before going to school went smoothly. I knew competition from the number of students vigilantly attending the courses all with the hope of performing well in the boards. But I'd come to know him as well. If not in school, but at a tuition centre first.

I'd come to see him less often, now and then with the pressure of the boards on the heads of the 12th graders although he was my classroom neighbor. I'd also see him when our chemistry and biology teachers combined our classes together to finish the syllabus. As did the number of meetings between us decrease, so did my feelings. It went from infatuation to straight nothingness. The type where you see someone and slightly remember from the back of your head that he/she was once your schoolmate.