Chapter 3: Philophobia

Reasons why am still SINGLE

"Relationships."

I don't know what kind of feelings might surge from within you when you see this word.

For me, I think it's a yielding force which makes people do things straightforward just in the name of it. All kind of things, you name it. From holding hands(*Author=Ugh*), kissing(*Author=yuck*), dates(*Author=hmm boring*).

I honestly think it's a waste of time and energy. Salute to all those people who are in a relationship right now and are doing what couples do. Going on dates, holding hands, kissing, making out blah blah blah...

But there's other kind of relationships too.

The one that exists from the day you're born. Not the type where you have to wait for a particular someone, meet, talk and go out. And finally decide whether he/she is, "The one" and then take an oath of commitment for life. It's a relationship you have to fulfill from the day you're born until the day you die.

It's called family.

Now, I've come to learn a lot about myself recently. I simply just hate putting my energy into some things which I know from deep within my heart just won't work out. No matter how hard you try. I'm a person who naps a lot. You name it. Morning nap, afternoon nap, evening nap. Even after getting the eight hours of required sleep. It's not that am sick or weak. I'm healthy as a pig. I just like to conserve my energy for things which I think would be worth spending my energy for.

Family is important. I know and you know it too. Everybody knows but sometimes you find it kind of exhausting trying to fulfill family norms and morals. But you do it. Again and again, no matter how exhausting it is. Because they're you're family. You may or may not want to talk and make conversations with some of your family members but you do it. You go to birthday parties, promotion parties, weddings, house openings, baby showers and you know why.

I do too. I also spent my potential energy on these things. Mostly because my mother makes me but truth be told, I'd rather take a nap.

So you see the kind of person I am. I'd rather invest my energy into something I know will give me juicy and fruitful results than compared to getting nothing.

I think that's how relationships are too.

And why I'd rather stay single all my life.

Plus, there are a whole lot of other reasons to it also.

Please proceed to read below.