Continuation 3

************************************************************************************************************************************************

David Peterson had been secretly crushing on Victoria Walton from middle school only. But it was kind of hard to express his feelings since both of their families were always trying to get hold of each others necks. He would attentively listen to his parents discuss about the Waltons at the dinner table. His parents would always try to bring out one fault or the other about the Waltons. The Waltons werent so bad after all, as much as his parents seemed to think at least not their daughter.

"Who would even want to go over to that ghastly and beastly store?" asked Mrs. Peterson.

David thought that was far too much of an exaggeration. "That store did not contain a beast! Maybe a beautiful princess but most definitely not a BEAST!"

"Mrs. Buffett even had the nerve to go there to buy a lollipop. Our store has all kinds of lollipops. All different kinds of flavor yet she went there to buy her son a lollipop. I heard that the Waltons had only one flavor of lollipops at their store," said Mrs. Peterson in distaste.

David rolled his eyes quickly when he had the chance especially when his parents weren't looking at him.

"Now honey, Mrs. Buffett apologized for her mistakes and now we even have David on watch on the other side of town," said Mr. Peterson.

"So David how's the selling of lollipops going on for you. Good?" asked Mr. Peterson.

David immediately replied, "Yeah. All good. Mrs. Buffett actually came out today from her mansion with her son to buy a lollipop."

What he didn't mention was that Mr. and Mrs. Waltons daughter, Victoria Walton had also stopped by to buy a lollipop from him and sat down to make some small conversation. As if sensing his thoughts, his Mom asked him about Victoria Walton.

"Did you meet the Walton's daughter on your way home here from the other side of town?"

David thought they had done more than just meeting.

"Yes. But we ignored each other as always," David replied.

David always met Victoria on his way home since both of them had to return to their homes across different parts of the town as soon as it got a little dark. There was this intersection between the two different parts of town. And sometimes, they'd cross each others paths when they were riding their bikes but they'd ignore each other without any acknowledgements. David thought that their parents feud honestly didn't have to be their feud also.

"Stay away from the Waltons daughter you got me kiddo? That girl is trouble, I know it. Even though you two meet each other every now and then in school, just ignore her. And stay away from her!" Mrs. Peterson said in a shrilling and screeching manner.

David as always for the past five years quite unwillingly would give the same answer to his mother.

"Okay!"

Then proceed to leave the table since he'd lose his appetite whenever his parents talked about their long term vendetta with the Waltons family.

David was glad to know that Victoria also shared the same thoughts as him. That's why she had come to sit down with him. She had bought two lollipops and given one to him. She had told him that the bad blood that was also going on in school, at the lunch tables had to stop all together from now onwards. Their parents bad blood didnt necessarily mean enmity for the both of them. David had agreed and soon enough found themselves shaking hands and promising to become friends. Both of them had taken a good deal of time to realize that they did not need to stay enemies but could be better than their parents. They realized it when both of them were caught spying on each others store immorally and nefariously. And they both felt bad and guilty conscious about it.