Continuation

1500 light days later

Canusaz looked at the criminal her guards had brought in.

She had been alerted before of some intruder who had tried escaping in one of the extirpation pockets.

The extirpation pockets were released into space after every 25 light days and the guards had been extremely carefully in their thorough daily routine of checking the systems when they had caught him.

"Leave!" shouted Canusaz.

She turned her back to Flavoaz who was tied in chains and swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Why'd you do it?" she asked.

"I remember warning you specifically to stop your plans on trying to leave Arcusvid."

Canusaz tightened her grip as she made her hands into fists and turned to face him.

He was writhing and contorting in pain from the poison seeping into his body from the chains tied around his body.

Canusaz closed her eyes for a brief moment and opened them again.

"I remember asking you to find another allogene for yourself."

"I told you to forget me."

"You're plans of going to another planet just so that we can be together as allogenic partners is beyond the bounds of possibility."

"Those extirpation pockets can only reach a certain distance up to space and is not meant to be used as an escape pod to fly to another planet."

"This is the third time you've tried something like this but next time, there'll be no excuses."

"I'll have to sentence you to death if you do not listen to me one more time."

Flavoaz trembling and shivering said, "I thought that you once had the same thought as me: to be together."

"It looks like you've changed. A lot," said Flavoaz looking at Canusaz with disgusted eyes.

"A Prime Supreme once nominated for his/her position cannot have an allogenic partner."

"This is the law of our planet which you should be following as its inhabitant."

"I'd go with you if it was possible to a planet where we could be together as an allogene but then that's not possible."

"I cannot leave my responsibilities and duties as Prime Supreme."

"My people need me here; to rule over them and to ensure the peace and sovereignty of our planet."

"The power invested in me as Prime Supreme comes with a price."

"You already know one."

"I am not allowed to find an allogenic partner for myself."

"And second, I cannot apply to be sent to the extirpation pockets as long as I do not train and handover my power to the next Prime Supreme."

"So am stuck here as long as it takes until a Vividling capable of succeeding me shall be born."

"Guards!" shouted Canusaz.

"Remove his chains."

"But"- stuttered one of the guards but was immediately cut off.

"You dare disobey the Prime Supreme!"

"Open the chains right now!"

Flavoaz sighed in relief and sat down on the floor, trying to ease himself of the pain and poison.

"The Drake Equation," said Canusaz out loud.

"What?" said Flavoaz confused.

"The Drake Equation is an equation used to estimate the number of active, communicative extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy."

Canusaz used her powers to write something in the air and when it was done, it glowed a bright neon red.

"N=R*×fp×ne×fl×fi×fc×L"

"There are 6.25 × 10 to the power 18 stars with planets in the observable universe."

"Yet-" said Canusaz stopping mid-sentence.

"Not even one universe out of a group of multiverses exists in which you and I can be together," said Canusaz sadly.

"This is our fate."

"Guards wipe out his memory and sent him with the harvesters for some time," said Canusaz authoritatively.

"I'll have Prasinusaz find him an allogene when he's back from the harvest."

"Croceusaz!" called Canusaz.

"Yes your Majesty!" shouted the captain.

"Have the extirpation pockets checked once more and have it checked thoroughly not every 25 light days but every 5 light days!"