The mystery bridge

One week later

At the King's Residence

"Sir!" called out Alfred, the butler.

"Yes!" said Mr. King, frustrated and irritated.

"What is it that you want, Alfred?" asked Mr. King irritated and annoyed.

His son Emrys had just returned with a promising song and they had just released it a few days back.

The song turned out to be quite the super hit because he and his son were leaving for world tour starting from tomorrow.

"What should I do with Master Emrys' mails?" asked Alfred, the butler tugging on a sack full of letters.

"Have it thrown out with the other fan mails from yesterday," said Mr. King running his fingers through his hair exasperatedly.

As Mr. King turned to walk up the stairs to his sons room, he shouted, "And Alfred, have the cars ready for tomorrow!"

Four months later

Emrys dreamed of her last night. He woke up feeling heavy in his heart as he rubbed his chest which was aching deeply like someone had placed a slab of stone on his heart and left him to suffer.

He ran his fingers through his hair, pulling them by the strands to try to remember what she had said in his dream.

He didn't remember much. Just some episodes from his dream of Tansy Hayes.

The first he had of her.

He was chasing after her.

She was running away from him barefoot on the beach. His eyes would occasionally be blinded by the long white flowing dress she was wearing,blowing against the wind as she ran, away from him, teasing him to chase after her. He heard music coming from somewhere around him and watched as Tansy ran and danced to the beat of the song.

He couldn't see himself in his dream. Just her as he chased after her. He tried hard to get to her, reaching out with his hand but she'd fade away in the distance in her white flowing dress. She'd appear once again, dancing and laughing as she moved and grooved to his song. Now that he was listening closely it was his song which had reached a million hits because of her. She was the source of inspiration for his song. And this song was about her.

He woke up with a start. Sweating profusely, his shirt all wet from his night sweats.

He opened the book that Tansy had given him.

Written on the very first page of the book in black were the words Tansy had written neatly, "You were my new dream."

He had started reading it after he'd gotten home and he stumbled upon a passage Tansy had highlighted.

"Since were all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter."

"What did she mean by all of that?" thought Emrys.

Emrys picked up his only photo frame lying on his bedside table.

It was the poem Tansy had written for him.

He had it framed and he knew he would be keeping it with him for long because the words she'd written for him, they were something else.

He brought the frame close to his beating heart, remembering her.

He'd always picture her at the beach, maybe because it was the place where they'd first meet. And the last place where they'd said their goodbyes.

But most important of them all, it was the place where'd they'd spent their last summer.

Together.

He looked at her beautiful poem and began to read, just like he always did.

Everyday.