Chapter 3: To lose all you have

Luna Astrid

I left a last voicemail message for my parents. Apologizing for everything I had done to them. Starting from the first mistake I'd committed; not listening to them about Jeff Barker, when they had been right all along about him from the start.

"There's something just wrong with that kid!" my father had said.

I wish I'd listened to him.

But then again even if I did lose myself in this long regretful journey of mine, there was still some possibility and hope to find myself again.

I started off by going to Jeff's office yesterday to pay his secretary a little visit.

I had taken with me a little gift meant solely for Jeff Barker and his mistress.

A jerry can full of diesel in one hand and my once engagement ring clenched tight in a fist in the other, I walked up to Jeff's secretary who was busy making important phone calls.

I knocked on the wooden desk to grab her attention and watched her as her eyes widened in recognition and fear. She slowly reached to press the intercom behind her to alert her boss.

"What brings you here Mrs. Barker?" said the secretary stuttering a little from fear as she watched me.

"You think I didn't see that?" said Luna raising her right eyebrow.

"Mrs. Barker?" said Luna laughing out loud.
"The nerve you have!" I said watching her disgustedly as I rested my folded arms on the wooden desk.

"Teehee hee! Ahahaha bahaha!"

The secretary who was staring at Luna didn't know what to do so she too joined in on her laughter.

"Hehehe!" laughed the secretary not knowing what to make out of the crazy woman standing in front of her.

"You're calling Mr. Barker right?" I said pointing my index finger at the secretary, moving my head and index finger up and down simultaneously in synchronization.

When the secretary didn't know what to do and simply shook her head no, it made me angry causing me to drop the fake smile I was holding on for so long until now.

"Oh please do so!" I said making my way around the wooden desk to grab the secretary by her hair.

Pulling on a handful of hair, I yanked the secretary away from her desk and threw her on the floor.

She cried in pain and started whimpering like a dog in fear.

I showed no signs of mercy as I picked up the jerry can I had brought with me and started to pour its content out, all over the secretary who screamed in protest.

"What's your name bitch?" I shouted as I grabbed her by her hair again and watched her shudder in fear.

It felt good.

"Tif-fany!" said the secretary coughing from the putrid smell of diesel.

"Tiffany what?" I screamed on her face.

"Tiffany Slyman!" whispered the secretary in fear.

Yanking her hair hard and causing her to scream in pain, I asked her the question.

"Did it feel good being his mistress? You knew didn't you, that I was going to marry Jeff Barker?"

"You know you could have spared me all the trouble by coming out and telling me you were his mistress in disguise."

I yanked her hair harder.

"But you didn't? Did you think that you and Jeff could play with me for all this time?"