Chapter 1: Musical heart beats

Cadence Melody

I sat patiently as the makeup artists applied makeup on me. Today was the day where I had to look the most beautiful than I've ever looked. I stood up as the makeup artists parted ways for me to walk in front of the mirror.

I looked at my reflection.

I was finally getting married.

As I admired the work the makeup artists and hair stylists had done on my hair, I felt someone tap on my shoulder.

I turned back to come face to face with a teary eyed Sophia.

Sophia was my fiancée, Andrew Macon's sister.

I watched her as she warily handed me a letter.

I took the letter from her now suddenly afraid because of Sophie's weird behaviour.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

Sophie continued to say nothing and stood there bawling her eyes out.

I was now more than just afraid.

I stepped forward and grabbed Sophia by the sides of her shoulders and asked once more, "Sophia?"

"I'm sorry," was all Sophia blurted out as she cried again and I hugged her tight as she cried.

I let go of her when she had pulled away from my embrace and said, "I think you should read the letter. You'll know why I'm crying."

"I'm really sorry-" said Sophia as she used the back of her hand to stop herself from crying out too loud.

I looked at the front of the letter. It was addressed to me.

I turned the letter and found Andrews neat handwriting written on it.

"I'm sorry," he had written on the back page.

I tore open the envelope in a hurry almost ripping off half of the letter inside.

My legs started shaking and I felt the ground below me move.

My heart beats quickened as I read the letter and I heard a voice inside me go, Melody-Melody-Melody-Melody! as I read my own name being mentioned more than just twice in the letter.

I took a few trudged steps towards the sofa until I sat down flat on it.

The letter I had finished reading slipped from my right hand to the floor, too weak to hold it as I sat there crying quietly.