Chapter 9: A lingering love

Tansy and Becky watched the Buffett mansion come into view as they parked their car on the side of the road. They could recognize some of their classmates from school among the drunk and sober teenagers who were doing dumb and shitty things outside in Mrs. Buffett's garden. They got out of their car and walked up to the mansion, music blaring so loud they could hear it from outside the house only.

They didn't knock. They knew they didn't have to. Tansy opened the door and both of them went inside.

It looked like the party had gone on for a long time. Tansy saw her classmate from high school, Dolly sleeping on the sofa.

"Probably drunk her head off!" thought Tansy.

Tansy and Becky looked for their friend Ava in the crowd of people dancing in the middle of the house.

When they couldn't find her, Tansy and Becky split up their search.

"I'll go check the upper floor while you go check the booze area. She must be with that jerk Justin probably drinking her head off," Tansy said to Becky as she climbed the stairs leading to the first floor of the Buffett mansion.

Becky nodded and soon left to find Ava in the kitchen, making her way through the crowd, pushing the sweaty bodies of the people dancing forcefully with her hand and occasionally yelling, "Ava!"

Tansy searched for Ava in the rooms lining the first floor. She opened the first door to find two unknown strangers making out on the floor and immediately shut the door.

She opened the next door which was locked from the inside. She tried opening the door knob once again. Locked. It was definitely locked.

Tansy ran her fingers through her hair in frustration and looked up at the door again. This time she noticed something. She saw a black poster of a skull and written below it were the words in red ink, "Do not disturb."

Tansy immediately took out a bobby clip she had before clipped to her hair. She crouched down and immediately got down to work. She knew who this room belonged to. Theodore's sister, Elizabeth probably wouldn't be hanging posters of skull outside her bedroom door. She heard a click and immediately got up. She slid the bobby pin back into her hair, backed up and kicked the door with all her might and force, opening the door with a slam.

She quickly went inside and surveyed the room. She saw a bunch of guys snickering and bickering at one of the corners of the room. She pushed through the crowd to see for herself at what they were looking at so intriguingly. She stared in shock as she saw her best friend Ava being filmed by Theodore Buffett who was making a video of Ava and Justin making out on the sofa in his phone. Her blood began to boil from anger and she stepped forward. But before she could get to her friend, one of Theodore's friends tried to block her way. She looked up to see the intruder. It was Robin, she knew him well. She smiled wickedly at him and saw the look of surprise cross his face but before he could do anything, Tansy quickly put her left foot forward. She watched him as he eyed her bare skin and stepped a little forward.

"Bad move!" thought Tansy as she watched him come closer towards her. When he was at a suitable distance, Tansy quickly grabbed him by the left arm and sweeped him off and pushed him hard against the floor. Robin cried out in pain and Tansy walked over his body on the floor to go up to Theodore Buffet who was standing frozen in his position staring at her with his mouth wide open.

"Give me the phone," Tansy said as she extended her right hand.

When Theodore shook his head in no Tansy forcefully and quickly grappled the phone out of Theodores hand.

She quickly deleted the video and threw his phone at him which he caught immediately. She picked up Ava from the sofa and put Ava's right hand over her shoulder and walked out of the room. She could hear Justin shouting out to her telling her to stop but she continued walking.