Chapter 15: Ghost Rider

I reluctantly turned around to find Mack and Phil along with a young man with a black jacket with short black hair and dark brown eyes. Phil crossed his arms as he gave me a stern look while Mack's jaw dropped.

"Now you're definitely spaced." Areria commented.

"Areria, not helping." Ahsoka informed her, causing Areria to go silent.

I could feel my palms sweating as I spoke. "How much did you hear?" 

"Everything, so I suggest you tell me everything else you're hiding." Phil as he made his way towards me.

"Uh...should I leave?" The man in the black jacket asked, looking very uncomfortable. 

"No, you can stay." Phil assured him before looking back at me.

I began to play with my hair as I rambled on. "...Well you see I was going to tell you, but I was trying to think of a way to tell you guys."

"Well this should be interesting." Mack said.

"I thought Loki died...Hilna and you told us that he was killed by a dark elf." Phil stated.

"So did Thor, Maya, Hilna, and I. However he miraculously survived...and when I found him on Asgard, we decided to get married and return to my home, taking Maya, Hilna, Kina, Gida, and Tarom with us." I replied. 

"Was it a small wedding?" Mack asked.

"Oh no, it was one of the biggest weddings in the galaxies! It was the talk of the year." Areria exclaimed with such excitement. "We even recorded it and saved in as a hologram."

I mentally groaned as Areria finally trailed off, realizing that she was only making things worse. I felt bad as her face fell and she lowered her head. "I'm sorry, Master, I'm not making things any better for you. I just got excited...it was such a happy and great wedding."

"Areria, it's alright." I assured her as I gave her a sympathetic smile. "You have nothing to be sorry for..."

I then turned back to look at Mack and Phil. "I'm sorry that you had to find out this way. Like I said, I really wanted to tell you, but I couldn't find a way to tell you. I'm truly sorry that I didn't invite you or the rest of the team, but I was just afraid to invite you and the others back here on Earth to the wedding because I thought you all wouldn't come, and then afterwards none of you would ever talk to me ever again..." 

"Listen, I'm hurt that you didn't invite us or at least tell us you were getting married, but we'll discuss this later. Right now we have more pressing matters." Phil stated before turning to the man with the black jacket. "Everyone this is Robbie Reyes, also known as Ghost Rider in this city, he's agreed to help us since his uncle Eli refuses to speak to me."

"Great. Where do we start?" I asked. 

•••

Before Robbie was sent down on the quinjet, Mack and Phil filled us in on what we missed while we were on the Zephyr, getting us up to date...again. Currently, Robbie was visiting his uncle at the jail while we had cameras and audio capturing the entire thing.

How's my baby doing?" Eli asked.

I raised an eyebrow. What was he talking about? Robbie scoffed. "You mean our baby. Had to replace the fan belt. She's been overheating a bit lately. Nothing to worry about."

Oh...they're talking mechanics, no doubt a car or something of the sort.

"Your brother's good?" Eli inquired.

"He's good." Robbie assured him.

"Es bueno verte, Roberto." Eli said with a smile, happy to see his nephew.