One Time Only

When walking back to the hotel, I thought back on what Mr.Kim told us to do.

"We got their files, we will get back to you on them" he said.

"Then way should we do?" Nick questioned.

"We know for a fact NY is in China waiting to strike Kiara. So stay here in Korea. Until we figure out their location and get to bottom of whose really involved you guys aren't going back to China anytime soon."

I sat on the couch of our hotel place deciding to turn on the tv that showed a Korean drama playing. Nick went to his room probably to call whoever that we weren't leaving China anytime soon.

I carefully watched as the girl ran away from the guy and hoped in the taxi, leaving the guy there to suffer in the cold.

Pfft, Korean dramas, I turned the volume down and decided to pull my phone out. While scrolling through it I noticed I had so many missed calls from Shancai, Li Zhen, Lei, And Quinghe. My cousins only called me a couple of times along with Jungkook.

I wondered why I had so many missed calls. Did something happen? I was about to press on Shancais contact but then I realized calling them probably wouldn't be the best. If I told them where I was at they'd drag me to China where it was dangerous for me.

I sighed, tossing my phone to the coffee table. In boredom, I grabbed the remote and turned the volume back on.

I felt myself drifting into a nap until I heard the door open. I looked at the corner of my eye seeing Nick walking out the room and into the kitchen.

I focused my eyes back on the tv continuing to watch the drama with lazy eyes til my attention then went to Nick who suddenly sat next to me.

I could see him wearing a different outfit. He was wearing grey sweat pants but with no shirt on. His tattoo that symbolized strength was peaking from his upper left shoulder.

Soon I hadn't realized I was looking at his abs until I felt his eyes on me.

"Kiara?"

"Hmm?" I hummed in response, looking up at him, meeting his eyes.

He didn't say anything. He just looked at me, like he was trying to figure something out. I bit my lower lip unsure of what to say. Shit, maybe I made him uncomfortable by staring at him. I didn't mean to..

"I—" I began but stopped immediately when he came close to me. Our faces were so close. I was slightly afraid to move forward or back cause then I would accidentally kiss him. That's how close we were.

"Kiara?" He called again.

"Yeah?" I answered in a tone almost above a whisper.

He put his hand on my cheek, with his thumb rubbing over my cheek bone, caressing it over and over.

His touch, it felt slightly odd.

With Si I felt like my insides could explode. Like his touch was the thing I had ever felt. Yet with Nick it felt calming, it soothed me, but it also left me in the edge. I could but couldn't predict his next moves.

My eyebrows slightly scrunched together. Nicks free hand pulled my waist that I found myself on his lap. A gasp had escaped from me that I automatically put my hands on his bare chests.

Oh god, what are we doing?

Nick bit his lower lip, I watched him carefully, I was afraid, but somehow felt an excitement in me, waiting to see what would happen. No, I can't think like that, I scolded myself.

What about him? Daoming—

"Let me do this" He finally said,"Just this once."

What did he want to do? Being in this position was already too much for us. What more could he want?

Nick put his hand behind my neck, that I know felt us kissing. I widened my eyes, as I felt my stomach getting butterflies. Oh no, no, no, no.

I quickly pulled back. I looked away from him and got off his lap. I got up from the couch and took several steps back. My eyes stared straight at the ground, not wanting him to see my red burning face.

I pointed to my guest room while having my hand run through the roots of my hair,"I.." I couldn't even finish the sentence. I hurried back to my room slamming the door behind me.

I leaned against the door putting my hands to my mouth.

I can't be falling for him again, can I? I just got out of a relationship. I'm still hurt from him, but Nick. It's like he's fixing the wound inside my chest. Like the wound was never there to begin with.