Forty Nine

Taehyung didn't bother looking up from his laptop screen as Hoseok traipsed into their shared bedroom.

He was having a lazy Sunday, lounging in bed while Hoseok did all the errands and housework; he was happy just playing sims and watching Netflix in his pyjamas, he'd face his responsibilities once the working week started.

As Hoseok crossed the room to the bed, he assumed that Hoseok, too, was succumbing to the laziness that had overcome Taehyung, and had come to join his lover in bed for the day.

He still didn't manage to tear his eyes away from his sims as Hoseok flopped down right beside him on the bed.

"Hey.. Tae?" Hoseok began, a nervous edge to his voice. "Can we talk for a sec?"

"Uh-huh." Taehyung hummed distractedly, trying to decide if he would send his sim to work alone, or if he would join him for a wild day of detective work.

"You know the way I spent Christmas and New Years with you..?" Hoseok began, fiddling awkwardly with the sleeve of his sweater as he spoke.

"Yeah?" Taehyung said slowly, finally turning to look at his boyfriend seeing as he was behaving so strangely.

"Well, my mom's birthday is coming up," Hoseok explained. "And since I didn't see them for Christmas and that, I'm going-"

"You're going back to Gwangju to see your family." Taehyung finished Hoseok's sentence.

"Yeah, But-"

"It's okay Hoseok," Taehyung said quietly. "You don't need my permission to see your parents, I'll be fine on my own for a bit-"

"Taehyung, let me finish." Hoseok requested. "Yeah, I'm going back home for a week, but.. I was wondering if you'd like to.. come with me maybe? I'd really like for you to finally meet my parents." 

"Oh.. Oh!" Taehyung's eyes lit up as soon as the words left Hoseok's mouth. "You want me to meet your parents, like, as your boyfriend?"

"Yeah- Of course I do." Hoseok assured him; he was a little flustered asking the younger to meet his parents, even though he knew that they were more than secure in their relationship. "My mom's been asking to meet you for a whole year now, and I don't know, I kind of want to show you off. So what do you say?"

"Hoseok, I'd love to come with you!" Taehyung agreed happily, flashing a blinding smile as he lurched forward to give Hoseok a hug. "I'd really love to meet your parents- I've been hoping you'd ask me to meet them for a while!"

"Really?" Hoseok cracked a brilliant smile. "Taehyung, that makes me so happy!"

"When are we going?" Taehyung questioned excitedly, he couldn't help but feel like a giddy kid on Christmas- he was going to meet his boyfriend's parents, which was a huge milestone in any relationship.

"In about, two weeks- I haven't booked the transport yet or the hotel because I wasn't sure if you'd agree to come-"

"Hotel?" Taehyung echoed confusedly. "Why would you book a hotel, aren't you going to stay with your mom and dad? You haven't seen them in ages."

"Well, I was, but you're coming with me now, so I thought you might not want to stay there." Hoseok said.

"Why wouldn't I? Your parents seem lovely from what I've heard."

"You know, we wouldn't have as much.. privacy." Hoseok offered.

"I don't mind that." Taehyung said pointedly.

Hoseok paused for a moment, trying to figure out how best to word his case.

"But, you know, we wouldn't be able to.." Hoseok continued. "Make much in the line of noise."