Seventeen

Question: Should I make this ^^ the new cover or should I stick to the style I have rn?? oooff this chapter is stupidly long (5800 words) so sorry if that ain't ur thing
(seventeen song^ bc chapter 17)
_________

"Our sales are due to increase by 15% over the next five years due to new markets opening in developing countries. We are closer than ever to becoming a globally recognized brand, which is why investing in Rocky Ltd. proves an excellent way to get a return on your money that you won't see any bank offering..."

Hoseok was trying his hardest to take in all the information being presented to him, but a persistent buzzing in his pocket made it hard for him to focus. There was no doubt in his mind about who exactly was blowing up his phone with notifications but he couldn't tell if his hunch was correct until intermission.

He was on a business trip to Busan for the weekend for a conference and he had left Taehyung at the airport the day before. Taehyung seemed more than eager to haul himself out of bed at 6am to accompany Hoseok to the airport and spent the entire car ride talking about how much he would miss him and how he could text him all weekend to make sure he was doing okay. At the time Hoseok thought the sentiment was cute but he regretted telling the boy to text him as the obnoxious buzzing continued.

He cursed himself for not turning off his phone because everyone knows that turning it on vibrate is far from silent and the man sitting to his left had given him several frustrated side glances throughout the meeting.

"We will now take a short intermission, refreshments will be provided in the canteen which is just upstairs. I'll see you all back here in half an hour." The speaker, who Hoseok knew to be named Park Minhyuk, announced causing relief to flood through him.

The meeting room was filled with chatter as people started to discuss the business being advertised to them. Hoseok hastily stood up and started to make his was towards the door before he was stopped by a familiar face.

"Hoseok." The man blocking his path to freedom grinned at him, extending a friendly hand.

"Jaebum?" Hoseok exclaimed as he took in the man before him. He placed his hand in Jaebum's extended one for a handshake. "I wasn't expecting you to be here!"

"The company I'm working for now sent me. I've been sitting across from you the entire time." Jaebum chuckled, his eyes forming crescents as he smiled. "But I could see that you were very distracted by something, your phone maybe?"

"Ugh," Hoseok sighed in frustration. "Taehyung has been spamming me with messages for the last hour, I was just about to give him a call to tell him to give it a break. When he said he'd text I didn't think he meant every minute."

"Who's Taehyung?" Jaebum questioned with a smirk. "Your boyfriend?"

"Ah.. something like that." Hoseok replied hesitantly, not really knowing how to describe his and taehyung's dynamic. 

"You don't have to be shy about it, I'm not going to judge you!" Jaebum laughed. "You've met youngjae right? We've been dating for three years now."

"Three years? Last time I saw you two it had only been a few months, it's been so long!" Hoseok noted. "Do you still live in Mokpo together?"

"No we moved to Seoul just last month actually, Youngjae transferred to a different college." He smiled fondly at the mention of his boyfriend. "I put in a request for a transfer at work so I could be with him."

"When you've settled in you should come see me! I can show you the ropes- and you can meet Taehyung!" Hoseok offered happily, glad to get back in touch with his old friend. "Taehyung is a university student too, he'll get along great with Youngjae."