Forty One

Hewwo!!! Just a warning: I don't feel great about this chapter, it's 60% smut and 40% shit and It's so lacklustre :(((((( I promise I will have some (hopefully) interesting plot coming soon 🥺 (also fun fact! Off to the races ^ inspired a bit of this chapter that I had in my drafts for an age before I wrote this chapter around it)
————

"Tada!"

Taehyung beamed proudly as he brought his cake out of the kitchen, twenty eight candles lighting around the perimeter of the tiered cake.

The cake wasn't perfect, especially since he went to Jin's for practice a lot less after his fight with Hoseok on the matter, but he had tried his best and he thought that it looked absolutely adorable. He had even woken up at six in the morning to bake it under the cover of darkness so Hoseok would be none the wiser.

"Happy birthday to you-!" Taehyung started to sing as Hoseok sat at their dining table, wearing a sad looking party hat that Taehyung had forced onto him.

"Nope." Hoseok interjected- if there was one thing that made him uncomfortable, it was sitting through a rendition of happy birthday, he never knew whether to sing along or just awkwardly smile and the whole thing was just painstakingly uncomfortable. In fact, the best gift that could be given to him on his birthday would be the absence of the awkward encounter. "No singing."

"Fine." Taehyung grumbled as he set the cake down on the table. He decided that simply wishing the older a happy birthday would suffice. "Happy birthday, angel! Blow out your candles and make a wish!"

Hoseok complied easily with blowing out his candles, chuckling as he caught sight of the cake, which had 'Happy birthday daddy' scrawled across it in pink icing, as well as pink hearts smattered across it.

"Was it awkward asking them to write that on the cake?" Hoseok asked with a giggle, gesturing to the cake.

"Well, no." Taehyung said smugly as Hoseok absentmindedly took a sip of his sprite. "Because I made it myself!"

"Huh?" Hoseok said in shock, almost choking on the mouthful of soda. "Sorry- What?!"

"I made it!" Taehyung beamed proudly.

Hoseok gave him a disbelieving look. "There's no way that you made this, baby."

"I did! I swear!" Taehyung laughed. "I made it for you! This morning! At six a.m! Look- I took a picture of me making it because I knew you wouldn't believe me."

Taehyung pulled out his phone to show Hoseok the cold hard evidence of him baking the treat.

"Taehyungie~!" Hoseok whined, his heart clenching at the effort Taehyung had went to. "You didn't have to do that!"

"Yes I did!" Taehyung smiled as he cut a generous slice out of the cake and plopped it on a plate in front of Hoseok, happy that Hoseok was impressed by his devotion. "You deserve it! And plus maybe now you'll stop telling everyone that I could blow up the kitchen trying to make a bowl of cereal. Now taste it and tell me how great it is!"

Hoseok nodded, making to pick up his fork but stopped as Taehyung snatched it out of his grasp in order to spoon feed him the cake.

"Open wide~" Taehyung sang as he sectioned off a generous forkful of cake and jabbed the fork against Hoseok's lips. Hoseok complied smilingly with parting his lips and taking the chunk of cake from the fork.

Hoseok chewed thoughtfully on the forkful of sponge cake, skeptical that he was going to like it. However, his eyes suddenly widened as he found that he was pleasantly surprised by the flavour.

"Oh my god! Taehyung?!" He gasped surprisedly. "This tastes good?"

"Really?!" Taehyung cheered. "You like it?"