Rico 18

I left the office in a sorta daze.... I really don't remember what I after requesting a leave of absence, I needed a couple weeks to get my shyt together; I was worried about Dro, I mean I've known that nigga almost my entire life so I knew he wasn't into anything illegal.... however I couldn't say the same about Adrian. When I was in New York I noticed little things... Adrian slipping off at all hours of the night, him quickly ending phone calls, him being so defensive... at first, I was thinking maybe he had a little girlfriend or something until I saw him speaking with Tristan and I could tell by their body language that they were up to no good. But I'd worry about that later, right now there was something I needed desperately which was some fire ass head which is why I stopped by this dude name George's place, he was a nurse or something and before the assumptions start the extent of our business relationship was simply this... he liked sucking my dick and I like getting my dick sucked, our text threads were a mess basically me asking if he was free or him asking if I needed my dick sucked.... no strings, no emotions, no anything, just go and get my dick sucked and then get out of his (house, car, or job). I mean don't get me wrong we talked about other shyt and he seemed like someone I'd like to hang out with on a more getting to know him type basis but it was just our conflicting schedules kept us from exploring anything further.

"I just thought you should know, I'll be heading to New York for a couple weeks.... business trip, so I'll be completely unavailable." I said fixing my pants while George licked the remaining nut off of his lips.

"That's cool, I guess I'll have to find another friend to help with my cravings until you get back...." George said and I nodded. "So what business exactly do you have in New York?" George asked, but instead of answering I just smirked. "Right business... well I was thinking maybe me and you could do something more than me just sucking that big dick of yours.... maybe going out and getting something to eat or seeing a movie." George said hopefully.

"I thought you wanted to keep this strictly sexual... with no strings attached?" I asked and no lie it wasn't that I wasn't interested in getting to know him a little better but right now I was too busy for anything more than what we had going on.

"I'll let you know when I get back and maybe we can work something out....." I said not making any promises. After leaving George's house I went back home and prayed that Javi was over this whole Dro thing, but knowing my little brother he wouldn't let this shyt go until he talked to Dro himself... hell even then he might not let it go.

"You going somewhere Javi?" I asked walking into his room to find him packing his shyt.

"I'm going to stay on campus for a few days because I don't think I can stay under the same roof with a fuckin liar." Javi said tossing shyt into a duffle bag. I started to ask him what he was talking about but before I could even get the first syllable out he started going in. "I talked to Dro.... and he didn't even know that I was thinking about making rap my full-time career, he said y'all barely discussed me the whole time you were there. Like I don't fuckin get it Rico, you're my fuckin brother... YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO ENCOURAGE MY DREAMS NOT TRY TO SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!"

"Javi, this rap shyt will lead to nothing but trouble and as your brother, I'm supposed to look out for you and make sure you stay your ass OUT OF trouble. I've seen what that rap shyt does to people, I've seen how it changes people for the worst and brings out their worse impulses.... I don't wanna see that happened to you." I said and Javi rolled his eyes.

"Whatever nigga... I'll call you when I get settled into my dorm." Javi said getting ready to walk out but I stopped him.

"Javi you don't have to leave... I'm going back to New York for a couple weeks. Look you gotta understand where I'm coming from with this, I don't want to see you become corrupted by the dark side of the music industry." I said trying to justify my actions.

"So it's either you don't trust me to be smart enough to make my own decisions or you don't trust Dro to look out for me.... which is it Rico?" Javi asked and I stood there stuck. "I get it you didn't trust either one of us... that's foul Rico. I'll be back once you're gone." Javi said shouldering his bag and walking out of the house. I figured I would have to do some more damage control so I figured I should call Dro since it would be easier to talk to him.

"Rico I get it bro.... just like I'm trying to protect Adrian, you're trying to protect Javier. But there's an old saying 'A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.' If Javier is passionate about music and he's serious about it you pushing him away from it may be the very thing that leads him straight to it." Dro said and I absolutely HATED when he started spouting that philosophical stuff because he always seemed to be right.

"I just don't want him to end up like his dad.... you know me better than anyone Dro and you know how that nigga chose music over his family... over his wife, over his sons..... and now he's somewhere bitter and struggling all because he had a dream that didn't pan out." I said quietly, even though me and Javi had the same dad I didn't claim that nigga because I remembered everything, I remembered the night he left and the argument that took place before he walked out, I remember every single tear that my mom shed struggling to take care of two boys as well as pay the bills, I remember her anger when she got that sixteen dollar child support check, the first one she had gotten from him in over five years and I remember him not calling or even sending a damn letter after my mom......

"Rico, I get it.... trust me I do, you wanna look after Javi and no one can fault you for that but you shouldn't lie to him and you definitely shouldn't lie on me, I mean if you're going to tell him that I'm too busy to listen to his mixtape you should've at least put me in the loop so I could back you up." Dro said.

"Yeah, I know... I know I was thinking on my feet and that's the only thing I could think of. But enough about Javi, me and you got some things to discuss and I rather not do it over the phone so I'll be coming up there for a few weeks and I wanna stay in your penthouse since you're not going to be using it." I said sitting on the couch.

"Aight just let me know when you touch down so that I can pick you up from the airport and we can..... JULIO GET DOWN!!!" Dro yelled catching me off guard. "Ayy I'll call you back because I'm about to beat Julio's ass." Dro said hanging up. Since that was pretty much taken care of I figured I should start packing for a couple weeks and booked my flight for tomorrow morning, just as I was finishing a knock came at the door, I didn't have too many visitors so I knew that there were very few people that it could be.

"Wassup Sage?" I asked letting him into my house like I said he was one of the only people I fucked with outside of work so him popping up didn't really bother me. "What brings you by?" I asked as I threw some more stuff into my bag.

"This actually isn't a social call.... I was coming to talk to you about the investigation, the one involving your boy and his family." Sage said sitting down. "I was just coming to let you know that I'm apart of the investigation team and that it's nothing personal whatever comes of it."

"Sage I know... it's never personal but I'm telling you now you're wasting your time Dro is squeaky clean. His uncle, on the other hand, I'm sure you can find something on him but I'm not going to do anything to fuck up your investigation." I said. "But just make sure you know the danger that you're walking into, I grew up with Tristan.... and even though I don't know everything he does but I've heard the rumors so just be careful." I said looking into his eyes.

"You know I'm always careful.... but you should be careful as well, I know Dro is your boy and everything but at the same time, you never know what people do behind closed doors. I just wanna make sure you know that you're not letting your friendship with Dro cloud your judgment." Sage said.

"Nah I just know how that nigga moves and trust me Dro's not that type but I appreciate you coming over here and letting me know, now if you'll excuse me I gotta finish packing." I said kicking him out in the nicest way possible. I heard everything that Sage said but I also knew Dro better than almost anyone so if Dro was getting involved in something I'd be the one who would talk to him and if I couldn't convince him to stop, I knew someone who he'd definitely listen to..........................................

****** QUESTIONS ******

1) Who should get the next two chapters; Valentino, Amaury, Adrian, or Rockstar?