Ricardo 97

Maybe I was taking a risk by bringing Julio closer to the border, but honestly, I couldn't think of a safer place for him; whatever Alejandro had going on with Tristan and the whole Brazil situation... I highly doubted that they would come after Julio while he was under his protection. Still, I needed this little trip to get the fuck away from Dro because it was becoming increasingly more likely that I was going to end up beating the fuck out of him and his punk-ass uncle. Yeah, I blamed Dro for this entire situation because he should've handled it a long time ago but his apprehension and caution only led to more trouble. Was it childish of me to hop on a plane and bring Julio to Houston without telling Dro? I don't care if it was, the less he knew the better... right now I didn't trust him or his decision-making, if and when the topic came up I'm sure he would be able to figure out where Julio is. I stood in the airport waiting for my ride and ignoring Dro's numerous phone calls, I was being petty by not turning my phone off... listening to it ring was more torturous than sending him straight to voicemail. My ride pulled up and I rolled my eyes, they were so fuckin loud but I couldn't think of anyone else I would rather have protecting my son.

"NAH NONE OF THAT SLEEPING SHYT!!!!!" Sa'Vion yelled out the passenger seat and for the record he wasn't the one I was talking about. Domo got out the driver's seat and grabbed Julio's bags, I had packed enough clothes for at least a month which should be enough time for the move and everything.

"If you wake him up he's staying with you..." Domo warned. "You can put him in JD's seat, they're about the same size." Domo said opening the back door so I could get Julio situated. "Are you good?" Domo asked once we were on the road.

"Honestly? No... that shyt really fucked me up." I said truthfully, I hadn't gone into details about what I've been going through since our house got shot up but to sum it up, I was far from being 'good'. "But I can't think about that right now... my concern is getting Julio settled and then getting back for this move." I said letting out a sign.

"Well me and Cam are flying out there later this week to handle all security, Zyshaun has paid for everything so all you need to worry about is the furniture and shyt like that." Sa'Vion said and I nodded gratefully, words couldn't express how much I appreciate all of them.

"OH YOU POOR DUMPLIN'!!!!" Mama Angela said hugging me as soon as I walked into Domo's house, despite everything I smiled because even though she was crazy as fuck, I loved her. "You tell that Alejandro, when I see him my foot, ankle, knee, and leg are going up his ass."

"That won't be necessary... I got it covered, but I know you're into religion and all that stuff and while it's not exactly my cup of tea... I would appreciate it if you could bless my new place....." I said, Mama Angela didn't respond she just gave me a tight hug before walking off and wiping her eyes.

"Ayy your ride is here...." Domo whispered in my ear and I nodded, I kissed my sleeping child on the top of the head before walking out to the waiting car. I didn't even remember falling asleep, before I realized it we were pulling into the Prater Estate which was still decorated with Christmas lights.

"I'm surprised you still got them damn lights up." I said walking into Zyshaun's office.

"Trinity would have a fit if I took them down... claims it's bad luck." Zyshaun said shaking his head. "Anyways, we have a lot to discuss... please close and lock my door so we can get down to business...." Zyshaun said and I followed his instructions and sat down for one of the most important meetings of my life..................

"I'm not mad that you took Julio... I completely approve of that decision because at the end of the day, his safety is EVERYTHING!" Dro said when I walked back into the house three days later. "I think the part that hurt me more than anything is that you deny me the opportunity to say goodbye to our son." He said quietly.