•nine•

Jimin wrestles himself beyond the gathering, mind hooked onto locating his two friends

The music surges through his ears but the rhythm fails to excite him, too troubled from the days earlier events to relish in anything around him. With a tough expression, he ploughs himself past numerous people, question why the hell his friend added 'invite anyone!' to the invitation. He's pretty sure that Taehyung doesn't even know half the strangers that are prancing about on his polished floor.

A short girl bumps into him as he attempts to pass by. Her clutched drink tumbles out of the glass, decorating his crisp black button up shirt. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaims, slamming a hand over her guilty mouth.

"For fucks sake." Jimin swears, looking down at his soaking shirt stinking of alcohol as it seeps into his chest.

Expecting an apology, the drunk girl cackles loudly "Whoops!" She returns to her dancing, turning her body away from his as if he was never there.

A deep scowl embeds onto his face, dismissing the useless stranger as he resumes shoving through. A pair of familiar faces grasps his eye, relief flowing into his tensed shoulders.

"Park Jimin." Yoongi greets his childhood best friend as Jimin makes his way over "It's about time you showed up."

He hands Jimin his own glass of whisky, judging by his expression that he needed it more than him. He notices the darkened area on his shirt. "Oh shit, what happened?"

Jimin takes long sip of his drink before answering, the alcohol sending a pleasurable burn down his throat. "Some bitch spilled her drink on me."

Taehyung lets out a high-pitched laugh, his tipsy self already showing. "So, where were you? Fucking Miss Jennie Kim?" he teasingly asks to change the topic, nudging his friends shoulder.

Jimin takes another long gulp of the stinging whisky, almost downing the bitter liquid. He lets out a breath, feeling liquid drowning away the stress clogged up in his veins.

"Nah, we haven't done it in weeks."

"Weeks?" says a stunned Yoongi as curiosity digs into his tone "You ditched her for someone else?"

Jimin shrugs. Finishing his drink, his tongue begs for another "Not really, just haven't felt like doing it."

Yoongi and Taehyung peek at each other, odd guises on their faces as they can't believe what their ears have just heard.

"'haven't felt like doing it'?" Taehyung repeats, raising his eyebrows at him "That doesn't sound like the Jimin I know."

Yoongi head bows in agreement, taking Jimin's glass away as he signals a butler over. "Agreed, you must be going through something weird or crazily enough you might actually like someone if you're not fucking anyone at the moment."

He lays out his words to be a joke but Jimin doesn't say anything, eyes sinking to the ground.

Taehyung's eyes broaden and he almost gags on his drink. "W-wait! You do like someone?!"