2

-Melody-

I sat in a chair at the desk drawing as my boyfriend, Toby, watched videos on his phone. He let me hog the computer for now instead of editing one of his own videos. He was in a YouTube group full of lovable idiots, including himself, called the Misfits.

"How do you draw so well?" Toby asked coming up behind me. I shrugged, continuing to add more detail to the person I was creating.

Zooming out to show Toby the drawing I told him, "Look, isn't it wonderful?" It was a portrait of him laying on the bed, looking at his phone, exactly what he looked like five minutes ago.

All of a sudden Toby snapped his fingers and told me to get up out of the chair. Confused, I did and then he proceeded to sit in my spot, smiling.

"You're a cunt," I chuckled crossing my arms. "Did you know that?"

He sighed, "Unfortunately, sweetheart, I do," Toby patted his leg, motioning for me to sit in his lap. Without having a choice, I did. "How are you so perfect, my love?" He wrapped his arms around me tightly and squeezed.

I shake my head, and I try escaping his grip. "I promised Mason I would go with him to get him something from the store," I looked towards the computer, trying to figure out a way to save the drawing.

"Don't worry, sweetheart," Toby let me go and looked at me. "I'll save the amazing masterpiece. You go have fun."

I beamed and quickly pecked him on the cheek, grabbing my phone off the desk.

"All right cunt!" Mason yelled excitedly as I exited the shared room. "It's about time you two stopped fucking."

I laughed sarcastically, "Hilarious, Mase. You know we're too innocent to do that," I entered the car, Mason doing the same. "I'm only going to one store, so choose wisely."

As Mason thought hard and long about what store he wanted to go to, I decided to have thinking time as well.

Toby was, and still is, my everything. He is perfect for me, never pushing on any topic if I showed any discomfort, which was easy spotting for him. He never pushed me to do anything I didn't want to do, especially.. that. I always hated the thought, I wasn't ready and Toby was quite all right with it. He's very good at comforting me when I have problems with my anxiety disorder, which I am super grateful for. I loved him very much and I wouldn't do anything to change him.

"Is this your final decision? I'm not going anywhere else," I looked at the front of the store and crossed my arms.

"Yes, this is the only store that has what I want," Mason looked at me with a smile, forcing a sigh come out of my mouth.

"I highly doubt it, but fine." I exit the car, looking at the Target in front of me. This is literally the only store that I can find on my own, and I know what they have. Thank you, America.

Walking through the store doors, Mason runs ahead like a little kid, with his mother, me, behind him. "Mason Bradford, if you go out of my sight, I'm leaving you here and going back home." The boy stops and waits for me.

He was running everywhere like the little kid he was. I wasn't paying attention to him, I was looking down at my phone just waiting to look up and not see Mason so I could leave him here. Yes, that boy is like my brother, but he is like a nightmare.

I look up, surprised to still see Mason looking at the shirts, but I notice a few guys walking right behind him. It looked like Swagger, Mason, and Jay. It got me confused, Mason was looking at the clothes, and also walking with Swagger and Jay.

"Mason, are you done yet?" I rapid fire walked to my Mason after all three of the other guys looked at me. I was paranoid, they all looked exactly like the people who were at the house.

Mason noticed my panic and he said that he didn't want anything anymore and that we should just go. That was a good idea, I couldn't stand the thought of being in the same place as the others.

When we had got to the car, I noticed that all three of them were outside staring at me, with little tiny smirks on their faces. I love watching horror videos, knowing that they're all fake, but the one about people looking exactly like someone you know, doppelgängers is what they called them, I just can't stand it being real.

"What's going on? It's like you just died." Mason glanced between the road and and I with a worried look on his face.

I just shook my head, not wanting to talk about it. If we had continued to stay in that store, I was going to have a panic attack, and nobody wants that.