36

-Matt-

Those bastards were fucking up our lives, making the couple who literally have perfect lives fight and making everyone argue. That's what they want, the Misfits to break apart and the Misfits to break up with their girlfriends and shit.

After arguing, Jay and Toby went back into the respective cars. Before I went back into the car, I went over to Toby and he rolled down the window. I glanced back at Mel. She looked so upset and it broke everyone, especially Toby.

"We're going to Sydney whether Jay likes it or not. We need to bribe them with Mel and I know you don't like it, we have to do it," I kept glancing back at Mel who was getting comforted by Mason.

"Yeah," Toby sighed. "If we leave now, we'll get to the house by sundown. Then we could figure out what the fuck we're going to do."

I nodded and I heard a little squeak come from the back of the car. It was Mel calling my name. She asked if she could come in the car with me and Jay, she didn't want to be in the same car as Toby. I opened the door and helped her get out.

"She's coming with us," I told Jay as I got in the car after helping Mel get in the back.

"Here, let me see your phone," Mel reached in the front of the car. I handed her my phone and after a minute or two, she handed it back with directions to the house. "We go first since you have the directions, Toby will follow us." Melody was so quiet, especially when she said Toby's name.

I pulled out of the rest stop and went down, listening to the directions that the phone was giving.

Usually, when Melody and I were in the same car together, we would be laughing and talking, but every single time I tried talking to her, she would just give me short answers or just ignore me altogether.

This shit was getting terrible and we need to fix it.