53

-Luna-

I woke up in the morning feeling surprisingly well rested. That's a first. Matt had his arms wrapped around me tightly and I couldn't help but feel safe.

I carefully wiggled out of his arms so I could get up. I desperately needed a shower, despite the fact I didn't know how to get around my stitches. I groaned softly before deciding I'd just wash my hair and the parts of me that sweat the most.

When I was done, Matt was awake in bed. He was on his phone, looking cute. I smiled and crawled into bed next to him. I rested my head on his chest and watched what he was doing on his phone.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked softly.

"No. Hurt, maybe, but I told you not to come after me. I'm mad at Jay, because he's being... Well, I don't think he's in his right mind right now." I sighed.

"What do you mean?" Matt asked as he set his phone down to look at me.

"I think he's confused. Scared." I shrugged. I didn't want to tell Matt what I truly thought Jay was getting at. "Which is understandable, but I don't want it to be taken out on me."

Matt nodded slowly. I could see the gears turning in his head. "I was so willing to trade myself in for you. And when Jay tried to stop me, I told him that it didn't matter; that you had him to look after you. I think anyone of us is stupid if we can't see the connection between you two."

I shook my head furiously and nuzzled my head against Matt's neck. I felt like I was going to cry. "There's no connection. He's my best friend and I love him like a brother. I've been through hell, baby, can't you just cuddle me?"

Matt obliged and held me close. He rubbed a hand up and down my back and kissed the top of my head every so often. He played on his phone again, scrolling through memes and shit.

I just hope that when we go through with our shit today, that my Matt comes out on top. I can't imagine a life without him.