30

-Melody-

Unfortunately, I had stayed up all night. I wasn't able to have a wink of sleep, but Toby did and I'm glad even if it was for on an hour. He looked like he was dying.

I got out of the bed quietly so I wouldn't wake Mason up because heavens know he's a light fucking sleeper. I walk into the bathroom and I close the door and lock it.

I wasn't the type of person to do things I would regret, like leave the boys here and make my way back to the house even if it was a long ways away. But I'm thinking about it.

Then a knock sounded at the door.

"Mel? Are you okay in there?" It was Toby. He probably woke up after I had got in the bathroom.

I tried my hardest not to get caught being upset, it killed Toby so much and I knew if he found out I was upset, he would do everything to try and make me happy again.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just needed to go to the bathroom. I'll be out in a second," I flushed the toilet even though I didn't go to make Toby believe the lie.

I walked out of the bathroom and Toby was still standing there, with his arms crossed.

I smiled softly at him and he pointed to the bed.

"Go, you're not leaving my sight again. You nearly gave me a fucking heart attack," He put his hand on my back, pushing me gently over to the bed as I walked.

It was like a mother taking their child to bed, except it wasn't mother and child, but boyfriend and girlfriend.

I layed back down on the phone, grabbing my phone off the bedside table.

"You know, I'm a human too. I have to go pee every once in a while too," I told him as he flopped down next to me.

"Yeah, I know, but you know how protective I am of you now, I just have to make sure." I knew he was worried, but I didn't need to be watched 24/7.

I sighed and I got an idea to keep me entertained. I made Toby sit up and I went behind him, my back up against the wall. He leaned back and I had a perfect view of the top of his head.

Toby's hair was just long enough for me to braid, so that's what I started doing.

While messing with his hair, I started humming/softly singing Close To Me by Elle Goulding. It was my favorite song at the time and I knew the lyrics by heart. And the whole time Toby was just looking through his phone, going between Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and his phone gallery.

I wish we were all at home, everyone in the living room, comfortable with each other's presence. Me messing with Toby's hair as he watched Mason and Jay playing their video games and the rest of the guys getting high or some shit.

I wish none of this ever happened.