63

-Toby-

My arm hurt like a son of a bitch, but at least two of the six assholes were dead. I didn't have to worry about Mel anymore. Of course, I still worried about my friends. Eric was already in rough shape and he was supposed to kill his doppelgänger. Cam had zero clue what he was up against.

But Mel was safe. And soon, so would be the rest of us. Within a few days, we could return home and get our lives back to normal. I could start streaming again and help Luna and Mel plan a surprise party for Matt's birthday.

Not to mention the other holiday coming up. Valentine's Day was always a chill day with the lot of us. We never went all out. Jay now had someone to spend it with, so he probably would go all out for Anna. But Mel and I would probably just watch shitty rom coms and eat chocolate all day.

I couldn't wait until we were all back home together again. Cam would move in close by before Matt's birthday and we would all be back to doing the dumbest shit together.

I played on my phone as Mel kept her eyes closed. She wasn't asleep, but for her sake, I almost wished she would be.

"Hey," I whispered softly, "Do you think Matt wants a chocolate cake or vanilla?"

Mel giggled softly as she opened her eyes to look at me. "Whatever Luna wants, which will be chocolate." I smiled and kissed her softly on the forehead before going back to writing out my list of party supplies.

I also had to go out and buy Melody a ring soon. The idea put a huge smile on my face. I couldn't wait to ask her to marry me. I even had how I would do it all planned out.

"I love you." I whispered to Melody, holding her close to me. "You were so brave today and so good. You're the reason I keep fighting every day. I love you more than anything, Melody."

Melody didn't respond, because she was asleep. I chuckled softly and kissed her cheek before snuggling with her and looking at online jewelry stores for rings. Soon enough, she would no longer be my girlfriend.

She'd be my fiancé.