81

-Luna-

"Alright, thank you." I hung up the phone. "Anna said the hospital is releasing Jay. Everything is fine with his wound and as long as he takes care of his stitches and bandages, he'll be fine."

I leaned on my hand, ignoring the music playing. I hated being in such a quiet space with Matt. I hated knowing how he felt.

Suddenly, If I Trembly by Front Porch Step began playing. It was kind of our song. It had been since college. I reached to turn it off, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

"Matt..." My lip quivered and I could barely speak his name.

"Luna? What's wrong?" He asked, glancing at me.

"I-I'm sorry." I sobbed. He immediately pulled the car over to the side of the road and unbuckled the seatbelt so he could get closer to me. He held me close and shushed me.

"Luna, Luna, stop. Okay? Stop. I love you. I love you so fucking much. I want to marry you and have kids with you. I want to wake up every day and kiss you. But if that's not what you want, then I will deal with it." He mumbled.

"No! No! I want that! I want to be with you forever but Matt, I can't. You deserve so much better than me." I bawled.

"I don't want better. I only want you." He whispered.

It took us an hour longer to get back home. We spent an extra hour curled up in each other's arms on the side of the road. By the time we did get back home, Jay, Mason, and Anna were also there.

I walked inside, briefly greeting the hospital trio. I took a seat on the couch, farthest from where Jay lay. He had his head in Anna's lap and she was playing with his hair.

Toby called out to us, "Come on guys! We're going to celebrate!"

Matt and Mason went to the kitchen. Anna gently got up and followed. Awkward silence engulfed Jay and I.

"I told her. About what happened. We've agreed to a mutual breakup." He told me.

"Wish mine and Matt's was nice and clean like that." I grumbled, leaning back against the cushion.

Jay bit his lip. "Come here." I obliged, making my way over to him. He reached his hand up to cup my cheek. "Luna, you've been through hell and back. But I really think you should make up your mind here."

"I know." I whimpered, enjoying the warmth of his hand on my cheek.

He gently pulled my face down to meet his. He pressed his lips against mine in a Spiderman-esque kiss. I kissed back, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"You have an impossible choice to make, but remember, Matt went after you when you got taken. He was willing to die for you, leaving you with me. Because he knew. And when you said no, he went back to the others. I didn't want to, but I didn't want him to risk his life, either. If you choosing me is going to ruin his friendship with me, than please make sure its what you really want." He stated as he drew back.

I nodded my head. I helped him stand and walk into the kitchen. He flopped into a chair and I stood by. I ignored everything Toby and Cam were saying. I could only think about what to do from here.