29

-Luna-

By the time we got back to the house, I was exhausted. Cam had to come pick us up and honestly, I was too tired to give a shit about what was going on.

I flung myself onto my bed, curling up under the blankets. I still had my phone on me when I received a text from my Matt.

Oh, no. He was going to trade himself in for me. No. I couldn't lose him. I loved him too much. That's why I'm here. To protect him and the others.

I immediately texted him back: I am safe, Matt. Please don't worry about me. Don't do something stupid. I love you so much, Matt.

What would I even do if he succeeded in his suicide mission? I couldn't live without him. I would rather die then live a day without him.

I looked up as the bad Matt entered the room. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"What do I have to do to keep my Matt safe?" I asked him.

"Just keep following the rules." He told me.

I shook my head. "That won't placate you forever. And my Matt will not stop until he has me back. So what do I have to do to keep you from hurting him?"

Matt rolled his eyes and stalked over to me. "If he's stupid enough to come here, I can't promise he won't be hurt. But if you do what I tell you, maybe I'll consider some leniency."

"You know him, Matt. You know he's stupid enough to come here. You know him better than I do because you are him. You're just some evil, paranormal version of him. You have his memories, and your own. You know he isn't going to stop until he's dead."

Matt nodded. "I know. I know how he feels about you. I know that he would wait forever for you. That he'd be a wreck if you left him. I know he wants a family in the future, with you."

I looked down at my lap. I had to stop my Matt from doing this. But how?

"Can you feel it? What he feels, I mean? For the others? For me?" I looked up at the devilishly handsome man before me.

He nodded. "It's a strong feeling, love. I can feel it. But I don't care about love. Now, it's time to dole out your punishment."