54

-Melody-

I woke up, having a terrible night's sleep, which was normal. The past couple of days were too stressful.

I was thinking about today all night, wishing it wasn't going to come and that all of this was a nightmare. That I would wake up in our house with Toby in our bed, sleeping like the cutie he is.

Speaking of Toby, he wasn't in the bed when I woke up and it was a bit worrying. I took a short shower, which I really needed and I went downstairs.

Toby was passed out on the couch. He had no blanket on his which was terrible since dad loved to keep the house cold, even in the winter time.

I walked over to him and grabbed the blanket off of the other couch. I unfolded it and gently layed it down on him.

"Good morning girlie," I heard Eric's voice from behind me. I turned around and smiled.

"Morning Eric. Did you sleep well?" I sat down on the unoccupied recliner.

Eric nodded. "Yeah, but Mason wouldn't shut the fuck up," He sighed. "He snores way too much,"

I offered the recliner since I wanted to go make breakfast. I helped Eric to the chair and I went to the kitchen.

I knew how to make eggs and that was basically it. I wasn't one to cook, I was mostly the help clean up person.

"Are you ready for today?" Eric asked from the living room.

I laughed sarcastically. "No way. It kills me ss much ss it does everyone else, but we're going to come out on top, whether those demons like it or not,"

Cameron was the next one to come down. I told him to quiet down since it was early and Toby was still sleeping, but also everyone else was too.

"Hi best friend," Cam came up behind be and gave me a hug. He was still so tired since I'm sure he went to bed late.

"Since when am I your best friend?" I scoffed.

"To be honest with you, I like you more than everyone else here," He yawned.

I shook my head and led him to the other couch Toby wasn't on. I sat him down and told him to stay like he was a dog.

It was like I was the mother of the boys. They were always getting into shit and I had to get them out.

I went back to finish breakfast, zoning it a few times. Today was going to be a handful.