38

-Melody-

It was almost 6 in the evening when we reached the house. My dad moved here after he and mom got divorced and ever since, I had visited every summer and when I moved here with the boys, I promised him I would visit or something.

I got out of the car, my dad walking out of the house. I had an amazing relationship with him and I didn't want that to change.

"Papa!" I ran over to him and gave him a great big bear hug. I hadn't seen him in about 2 years and I was glad to see him.

"My Melody is finally here. I'm so glad you got here safe," The boys walked over to us, Toby in the back. I'm sure he was super nervous about meeting my dad. Especially in the situation we're in.

"Who are these boys?" My dad gave them a once over before looking at me again. I was not about to carry a grudge on my own boyfriend.

"These are my friends, Matt, Jay, my best friend, Mason, and this," I walked over to Toby and grabbed his arm and pulled him over. "This is Toby, my boyfriend,"

He was visibly nervous, I saw him gulp.

My dad held out his hand for a handshake. "It's good to finally meet the man who's making my daughter happy,"

"Y-Yeah.. It's good to meet you too, sir," He shook my dad's hand, almost for to long.

I giggled at the state Toby was in. He was so cute.

"Come inside, there's no need to stand out here all night," My dad opened the door for all of us.

"Mel, you know where your room is. I have two other rooms if you guys want to share,"

We all were heading upstairs and I ran to my room and opening the door quickly.

"You kept it the same!" My room looked the exact same way as it did back then. It had all my dolls on a shelf and all my books on my bookshelves. It was so nostalgic.

My dad showed the boys to the spare guest rooms and I explored my room with Toby standing at the door.

As I was looking at my dolls, I found the one that Toby had got me when we first started dating about 3 and a half years ago. I took it off the shelf and showed it to him.

"You still have her?" He walked into the room and over to me. He held the doll, smiling.

"She's the youngest out of all these dolls and she's my favorite out of all of them," I smiled at the doll and took it back, putting it back on the shelf.

My dad knocked on the door, peeking inside. "I made dinner earlier if you guys are hungry."

"Fuck yeah! I'm so hungry," I grabbed Toby's arm and dragged him down the stairs so we could eat. "I'm so glad I have a professional chef for a dad."

I had no idea that I had any text messages, I had left my phone in the locked car outside.