34

-Melody-

I was in the backseat of the car with Mason when I got a text from Luna. I read it and sat up, getting Mason and Toby to notice.

"Stop at this rest stop right here," I point at the sign of the rest stop and Toby pulled in with Matt and Jay following us. We stopped and everyone got out of their cars and we grouped up.

"What's going on? Why did we stop?" Matt asked walking over to us.

"I got a text from Luna. She said that for the doppelgängers to be stopped, you guys have to kill them yourselves. But you need to kill the one that is you," I showed them the text from Luna. They all looked at each other.

"So that means that we have to turn around," Mason looked at me, worried.

"No, we don't. We can set up traps," Toby had an idea and I saw it. "We could make them, one by one, come to where we are and then kill them because we're basically the same person, but just opposite. Like Mel," He looked over at me. "You're my weakness, so then you're doppelgänger Toby's strength."

"So what you're saying is that whatever my strengths are, they're his weaknesses?" Matt questioned, hope filled his voice. Toby confirmed what he was saying.

"I have a plan, and I know you're not going to like it Toby, but we have to do it," Mason stated, looking between me and Toby.

I know what he's thinking because I'm thinking the same thing. It was going to kill Toby, but it was the only way to make them come to us.

"We have to bribe them with Melody. It's the only way," Toby wanted to smack Mason, he wanted to so bad, but he didn't.

"No way in hell am I selling off my girlfriend to those assholes," Toby shook his head a million miles a second.

I grabbed his arm and I took him elsewhere. I had to convince him to help us with this plan.

"Toby, please. It's the only way to make them come to us since I'm not going back over there," I pleaded, I know he hated it so much. It killed me to be comfortable with this plan.

"No, I'm not doing this. I don't care if it's the only way. I'm not letting you sell yourself out like a slut!" I paused. He's never compared me to a slut or a whore before.

I walked away from Toby, him calling my name and following me. I didn't want to talk to him anymore, I was too hurt. I walked over to the car.

"What happened?" Mason looked between me and Toby.

I shook my head and I entered the car, locking all the doors after I close the door behind me.