79

-Toby-

We did it. It was all over. And the worst damage done was to Jay, but he would be fine. We won.

I gathered up our stuff and put it into our cars. I was ready to go back the manor and sleep in my own bed. More than that, though, I was ready to propose to my girlfriend.

I went to Mel's bedroom and lay next to her. "Everyone's getting ready to leave. Let's go home and celebrate." I rubbed her back, trying to coax her to take the 8 hour trip back to Melbourne.

"Okay." She said as she got up. We got into her car, just the two of us. Eric and Cam got in their rental car, and Luna and Matt in his car. I drove, leading the way.

"Do you think they'll be fine? Matt and Luna, I mean." Melody said softly.

"Luna cheated on him twice with his friend. She then dumped him when he tried to talk about all of it. I think that Luna's just struggling right now. She's been through more than most of us have this past week. She just needs to chill out and then I'm sure she and Matt will be fine." I explained as I turned the radio on at a low tune.

"And Jay?" She asked.

"He'll be fine. He's got Anna." I knew what she was getting at by asking. She was implying about the Cam situation. I had known, of course, for a long time.

Cam got drunk one night over Discord and came clean. He apologized profusely for it. "I'd never do anything to hurt either of you like that, though." He had said. I trusted Cameron with my life, as well as Melody's. You can't help who you love.

Melody was mine. And unlike the situation with Jay, Melody didn't spend nearly as much time with Cam as Luna did with the other New Zealander. So I had nothing to worry about.

"Everything's fine now. We just need to take a break and relax after everything we've been through." I assured her, taking her hand in mine and kissing the back of her hand.

"I love you, Toby." She said softly.

"I love you, too, baby. Always. Get some rest. It's going to be a while."