13

-Luna-

When we got home, I made my way to Jay's room. He was sitting on his bed, playing his guitar. I immediately rushed to his side and clung to him like my life depended on it.

"Whoa, Lun! What's going on?" He asked as he set his guitar down and wrapped his arms around me.

"Matt tried to... He made advancements and called me a bitch when I said no." I whimpered. I felt so confused and betrayed. What happened to my sweet Matty? I knew a lack of sex wasn't always the healthiest thing, but Matt hadn't ever acted that way before.

Jay stood up immediately and made his way to Matt's room. "You son of a bitch!" He yelled.

Matt looked up, a small smirk on his lips. "Jay." He stated, eyeing me and the brunette beside me.

"Why would you call Luna a bitch and try and fuck her? You know how she feels!" He clenched his fists at his sides. Jay was so angry. I was almost glad, though, that at least someone cared about me.

Matt rolled his eyes. He slung a black jacket over his shoulder and stuck a tooth pick in between his teeth. "I'm going out."

"Going where?" Jay asked with a snarl.

"Strip club." He replied nonchalantly. I cringed, feeling tears well up in my blue-green eyes. This wasn't like my Matt at all. Even in Poland, he hadn't acted like this.

"You asshole." The Kiwi grabbed Matt by the shoulder and turned him, decking him in the face. Matt stumbled back before smirking almost evilly. It reminded me of a demon's smile.

His eyes glazed over with some emotion. He began beating ruthlessly on Jay. Blood splattered all over as I screamed and begged for him to stop.

"HEY! KNOCK IT THE FUCK OFF!" Eric yelled. He ripped Matt off of Jay and nearly threw him outside. Cam just watched, smiling.

I helped Jay up, bringing him to the bathroom. I grabbed the med kit and cleaned him up. Matt had busted his lip, gave him a black eye, and because of the force, Jay's teeth had sunk into his tongue, causing a lot of blood. There was also a massive purple and red cut on his cheek.

"I'm sorry, Luna." Jay whispered as I took care of him.

I shook my head, blinking away tears. "Something isn't right. He'd never do that." I thought back to the mall earlier today. Could the Matt I saw there be the same one here, now?

No, that's fucking stupid. There's no such thing as a doppelgänger or shadow version of ourselves. But Matt was acting strange. Maybe he was sick of me?

I helped Jay back to his room and stayed with him. I had no idea when Matt would come back, but I didn't want to see him. I only cared about Jay right now, who had gotten brutally beaten in my defense.

"Thanks for protecting me. I'm sorry about that." I sighed. Jay wrapped an arm around me and held me close.

"I will always protect you. I'm your best friend." I smiled at his words and cuddled up to him, getting comfy. I drifted off to sleep, praying that in the morning, my sweet Matt would come back to me.